News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

I finally beat GTA 4 last night, although my son did have to help me with one of the missions. I may sound like a broken record, but the lack of checkpoints prevented this game from being a 9 or 10 out of 10.

It's been almost 14 years to the month that I originally planned to beat this game. The first time was after beating the original RDR in June of 2010.

Jason

I'm about 1/3 through GTA 5 and while the gameplay and graphics are far better than GTA 4, I thought the characters and world were more interesting in 4. I'll see if that changes as the story progresses.

Brad Company

Jason

I almost done with GTA 5 and will probably finish it either tonight or tomorrow. I did not see the plot twist towards the end coming and think it added a lot to the story. I guess I'll see how it plays out once I'm done.

Jason

I finished the GTA 5 main story last night and will probably do some side missions over the weekend. I ended up liking the story more than I expected. It had a sort of "Ocean's Eleven" heist vide to it. I wasn't expecting Franklin to be my favorite character and enjoyed the game the most during the parts when Travis wasn't around. Travis seems to be a popular character among the GTA community, but I found him to be a bit much most of the time.

Both of my sons kept saying how I'm like Michael (still living in the 80's), so now I started calling my older son, whose name is James, Jizzle. James "Jizzle" De Santos provided a ton of comedy relief in the game and is the perfect stereotypical millennial.

I'd give the game an 8.5 out of 10 and would definitely play it again since it only clocked in at 22 hours for me.

Jason

I just completed one of the oldest titles in my backlog - Bioshock. This was the first game I ever saw on an Xbox 360 when someone I used to work with brought their Xbox 360 into work back when it first released. I was always fascinated by the location and the opening hooked me. I'm glad to have finally played it.

I'm considering Forza Motorsport now that it's 50% off. I think most of the major issues have been fixed.

Brad Company

Forza was never as bad as it was made out to be. It's a good game, and makes a nice companion for Horizon 5. I bought the 360 versions of the Bioshock games when they were dirt cheap. I'll play those instead of the remasters if I return to Rapture.

Jason

Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer the originals to the remasters?

Brad Company

Arkham and Bioshock games have wierd graphical glitches and don't offer much in the way of performance upgrades. The Mass Effect remaster is done right.

Jason

My sons and I like the original Arkham games more too. I'm not even sure why they remastered them since they left the frame rate at 30. I didn't realize the Bioshock remasters had issues too. Do the originals run at 60fps? They're not on the FPS Boost list provided by Microsoft.

Brad Company

You can choose to unlock the framerate and get 60fps on Series X.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on June 07, 2024 @ 07:51:37 PMYou can choose to unlock the framerate and get 60fps on Series X.
Thanks. I'll probably grab the first one on sale to check it out. I'm sure my son would love to play through it again.

Jason

My younger son and I decided to get Robocop on sale for the PS5 and really like it so far. It's nice to play a simple arcade-style shooter and the slower-paced gameplay is right up my alley. 

College Football 25 is looking really good too. I'm definitely grabbing that when it goes on sale.

BoomerSooner

Well with the release of cfb25 I got a little sentimental for this place. Long time no talk (it's Bdoughty) just in case you forgot me.

Still playing games on the Xbox, have the Series X. Still dealing with the same medical issues, had a relapse last year and was in the hospital for a week. In remission but being forced to stay on immunosuppressants for the rest of my time. Went after my kidneys as it must have been bored of my lungs. Just happy to still be on this Earth.

Have mellowed a lot over the past few years. Hoping you guys will accept me back in the fold.

Enjoying CFB25 on the field. It's not perfect but I went in with pretty low expectations, having purchased Madden every year. It plays fast and All American is much tougher than it used to be. Throwing interceptions galore with the new pass meter and defense is more challenging, compared to All Pro in Madden. Getting older does not hel0.

BoomerSooner

They nailed the college atmosphere but in true EA fashion they have some weird ommisions. No progressive lighting. You start a game at 6pm, it will look exactly the same in the 4th qtr. Hopefully they can at least patch in a simple transition at the half where it moves to the next static time of day. Seems simple but again it is Tiburon.

They put a big emphasis on Wear and Tear of a player over the course of a game. Yet they removed formations subs and insert second team options from the game. You still have auto subs with sliders but at times it does not feel like it works properly. Where it hurts most is in dynasty thanks to the transfer portal and players not getting playing time. Like in real life they will leave and people are seen a mass exodus of players leave and you are forced to hope you can win out players from the transfer portal.

Recruiting is fun but really buggy right now. 3 and 4 star recruits being untouched by any team and issues performing certain actions. The biggest issue is sim stats and upsets are terrible right now. Far too many upsets from FCS teams. You have examples of 6 win teams making the playoffs and far too many low ranked non power schools making the playoffs in in year one and two of the dynasty.