News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Recent posts

The Locker Room / Re: PS5 Info
Last post by Jason - Yesterday at 02:56:08 PM
Finally got invited to a PS5 beta. The only other time I got a PS5 beta is when Brad sent me a code for one.
B
The Locker Room / Re: Personal Gaming Thread
Last post by BoomerSooner - July 25, 2024 @ 11:54:02 AM
It definitely feels more weighted. Also running backs are much tougher to get down. Even a solid hit stick tackle is no guarantee with a power back.
Last post by Jason - July 25, 2024 @ 09:49:31 AM
I'm glad to hear you're in remission after a tough year. I hope you continue to improve. BTW, I doubt anyone here holds anything against you for taking an extended break from the site.

I'm excited about College Football 25. I haven't put a lot of time into a football game in many years now. I bought Madden 24, but I couldn't get into it. I read that the players in CF 25 have a more weighted feel to them, which I'm hoping is true since all the players in the recent Madden games have a weightless feel to them.
B
Last post by BoomerSooner - July 25, 2024 @ 02:15:25 AM
For all the flaws I am still loving the game. More than excited to have college football back. The CFB25 team seems to show passion for the game that I have not seen from the Madden team in years. With some patches to the simulation issues and some tweaking to gameplay, plus some basic progressive lighting changes I will be a happy camper.

TLDR;

Hi everyone, long time no see. Happy to be playing cfb again.

My apologies for any typos or unintelligible thoughts. Typing this with Xbox controller with dim lights.
B
Last post by BoomerSooner - July 25, 2024 @ 02:14:56 AM
A few other bits. The snow is the same crappy painted on white mess from Madden. Teambuilder is providing some great looking FCS teams to add to play now but does not let you edit downloaded rosters. So you are stuck with how they rated and edited the rosters. You also can't replace the generic FCS teams with real FCS teams in an online dynasty. They will only replace an existing team using custom conferences, which is almost as broken as the simulated games. For example, while you can recreate the Pac 12 back to last year it frontloads all the conference games to the early part of the schedule with non conference at the end. You also have to leave two teams minimum in the Pac 12 and can't create new conferences. Only moving within the existing ones. This also can cause certain yearly rivalries (protected) to go away. They say in the conference customization you can protect rivalries but there is no option to do so. You can edit your teams schedule for each year but only non conference games and are limited to teams without a game scheduled that week.

B
Last post by BoomerSooner - July 25, 2024 @ 02:14:10 AM
Two commentary teams is nice, the three man team Rece Davis, Palmer and Pollack do most of the games and do a good job. Fowler and Herbie do the big game of the week and is a bit underwhelming and large gaps of silence at times.

There is a pretty decent selection of uniform options in the game. Oregon was odd with only 5 base uniforms in the game, of course you can mix and match from the base options. Not as many historic unis as i would like but it also seems like EA put in the uniforms that each school submitted. Kent State has like 15 different helmets available to pick from.

They did say they would be adding new unis over time, along with any stadium changes. They got the new additions to Texas Tech stadium in the game that are not even completed yet.

B
Last post by BoomerSooner - July 25, 2024 @ 02:12:18 AM
They nailed the college atmosphere but in true EA fashion they have some weird ommisions. No progressive lighting. You start a game at 6pm, it will look exactly the same in the 4th qtr. Hopefully they can at least patch in a simple transition at the half where it moves to the next static time of day. Seems simple but again it is Tiburon.

They put a big emphasis on Wear and Tear of a player over the course of a game. Yet they removed formations subs and insert second team options from the game. You still have auto subs with sliders but at times it does not feel like it works properly. Where it hurts most is in dynasty thanks to the transfer portal and players not getting playing time. Like in real life they will leave and people are seen a mass exodus of players leave and you are forced to hope you can win out players from the transfer portal.

Recruiting is fun but really buggy right now. 3 and 4 star recruits being untouched by any team and issues performing certain actions. The biggest issue is sim stats and upsets are terrible right now. Far too many upsets from FCS teams. You have examples of 6 win teams making the playoffs and far too many low ranked non power schools making the playoffs in in year one and two of the dynasty.

B
Last post by BoomerSooner - July 25, 2024 @ 02:11:13 AM
Well with the release of cfb25 I got a little sentimental for this place. Long time no talk (it's Bdoughty) just in case you forgot me.

Still playing games on the Xbox, have the Series X. Still dealing with the same medical issues, had a relapse last year and was in the hospital for a week. In remission but being forced to stay on immunosuppressants for the rest of my time. Went after my kidneys as it must have been bored of my lungs. Just happy to still be on this Earth.

Have mellowed a lot over the past few years. Hoping you guys will accept me back in the fold.

Enjoying CFB25 on the field. It's not perfect but I went in with pretty low expectations, having purchased Madden every year. It plays fast and All American is much tougher than it used to be. Throwing interceptions galore with the new pass meter and defense is more challenging, compared to All Pro in Madden. Getting older does not hel0.

Last post by Jason - July 20, 2024 @ 08:17:12 PM
My younger son and I decided to get Robocop on sale for the PS5 and really like it so far. It's nice to play a simple arcade-style shooter and the slower-paced gameplay is right up my alley. 

College Football 25 is looking really good too. I'm definitely grabbing that when it goes on sale.
Last post by Jason - June 07, 2024 @ 08:19:10 PM
Quote from: Brad Company on June 07, 2024 @ 07:51:37 PMYou can choose to unlock the framerate and get 60fps on Series X.
Thanks. I'll probably grab the first one on sale to check it out. I'm sure my son would love to play through it again.