News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

I am playing DC Universe Online to the exclusion of everything else.

Started by Slumberland, February 03, 2011 @ 10:54:02 AM

Slumberland

Not sure how this happened, as I have never played an MMO and wasn't particularly anticipating this title, but at some point something clicked and I realized I could create various heroes and villains and run around Gotham and Metropolis and have silly adventures steeped in arcane comic book lore.  What I suppose is classic MMO busystuff like kill ten of these, gather fifteen of these, etc. gets a little trying but combat, travel, customization, impromptu teamups, and seeing everyone else's characters have got me hooked.  There are some collection tasks that are like scaled down Crackdown orb hunts that help unlock new pieces of custom armor, and a nice system where you can gain stats from new gear and unlock the styles they represent, but still keep your appearance as is, should you so choose.

I've got two heroes going, Crimson Cavalier and Dandy Fop going on PvE and PvP servers, respectively, and two villains, Blood Sausage and Sally Sunstroke also on PvE and PvP.  Blood Sausage would be considered my "main" I suppose, as he's currently level 15 out of a relatively low 30.  It feels like I hit a new level about every hour, roughly.

There's a laggy UI and the quest book and some powers are a bit confusing at times, but it hasn't affected my desire to keep playing.  I've got it on PS3 if anyone decides to give it a rent and wants to run around smashing things.  There's a monthly subscription fee that I'm going to roll with for now, but the PS3 version also comes with a 30-day trial to start.