News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Madden 21

Started by BDSooner72, June 16, 2020 @ 11:26:07 AM

BDSooner72

https://www.ign.com/articles/madden-21-new-modes-mechanics-cover-art

Madden NFL 21: New Modes and Mechanics Revealed

A has revealed some of the new modes and mechanics coming in Madden 21, as well as screenshots, and its cover art featuring Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson.

Madden 21 will see the return of last year's Face of the Franchise mode, now subtitled Rise to Fame. Pitched as a "documentary career campaign", Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame will let players create a high school quarterback and play through their rise through the footballing ranks, taking in high school, college, NFL Combine, NFL Draft and the league itself. Out of the high school section, you can choose to pivot to running back or wide receiver.

Per a press release, the game will also feature the following mechanical additions:

"Improved ball-carrier mechanics for all out control in the running back and receiver positions."
    "Enhanced D-Line mechanics that add new control to make the pass rush positions more responsive, and fun to play."
    "Realistic Open-Field Tackling allows for clutch defensive stops."
    "New player-controlled celebrations."
    "Outside of all the new control players will have in-game, some of the biggest changes will arrive in the overall authenticity and presentation with new on field camera shots and improved player awareness of their positioning and surroundings on the field"

BDSooner72

I have never been less excited for a Madden game.

BDSooner72

Jason

Without reading the article, I'm going to go out on a limb and say zero. Of course the video didn't show any gameplay from an actual gameplay camera.

Brad Company

That release looks like something from The Onion.

Jason

"All your pass rush moves and block-sheds for Madden NFL 21 will now be on the right analog stick."

Wow..you mean like where they were in NCAA Football 6 years ago? That's some serious progress they made this year.

BDSooner72

Adaptive AI. Does anyone remember "Liquid AI?"  That Madden quote at the end.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/madden-nfl-98_/adblurbs

Madden NFL 98 Technology Advancements
Madden NFL 98 pushes interactive sports game technology to a new level. A key area of focus this year was devoted to the game's artificial intelligence (AI), which is the manner in which the computer reacts as the game is played. Pioneered by EA SPORTSä, Madden NFL 98 is the first video game to implement a concept called Liquid AI’. Just as a liquid, such as water, flows when it hits a surface to fill open space and gaps, Liquid AI enables the video football players in Madden NFL 98 to dynamically flow and move to the correct positions on the field in order to make a play. Other football games will give a player a pre-set responsibility for a play. In Madden NFL 98, however, a player will read a play as it develops, check what other players on his team and the opposing team are doing, and will react and change his assignment if necessary. The game reacts exactly as a human would.

"Madden NFL 98 plays smart. You've really got to pay attention to what you're doing to beat the game," said John Madden, Emmy Award winning broadcaster and former Super Bowl’ winning coach. "If you don't play smart like players do in the real game, you'll get run over by the computer. Then you'll wake up the next morning with a headache saying, 'What hit me? I was just playing a video game and now I can't get out of bed!'"

I still have this clip from madden 19 in disbelief Tiburon is still allowed to make video games.

Jason

I remember "liquid AI" very well. It was the same year Gameday 98 released a fully-poloygonal football game on the PS1 after EA said it was impossible to do.

I still remember reading a quote/review where someone said liquid AI was what was running down the legs of the Madden team when they saw Gameday 98.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

It was one of the Gameday developers that made that comment, not a reviewer.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/games/products/madden-nfl-21/11100040.html

Welp sounds like we are probably just getting new fonts for franchise mode.

Franchise

Play through a full NFL career and leave your legacy as a player, coach or owner with single-player and multiplayer online-connected leagues. Compete with up to 32 teams in your quest for a Super Bowl Dynasty. Complete each season with a bid to the annual Pro Bowl and earn Seasonal Awards.

Silver lining

QuoteYou can even swag your way to the endzone easier this year, with a single button press Celebration Run. But use cautiously, as the ball carriers tend to fumble frequently if tackled while celebrating!

::)

Jason

No only is it pathetic that they think a celebration run is worth mentioning, but they had it in an earlier versions of Madden too. What a fucking joke.

Jason

EA Play was...disappointing.

BDSooner72

Jason

That brings back memories.

BDSooner72

Gameplay deep dive. Did not watch much but they have some quick gameplay cuts.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/661567603