News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

PS5/'Xbox Series X game previews

Started by BDSooner72, May 07, 2020 @ 03:18:41 PM

BDSooner72

From an event today

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-series-x-every-new-game

Bright Memory looked really good, especially for a game that is being developed by one person.
Madden 21 got 2 seconds of next gen footage with no gameplay. They left all the gameplay for the previous versions.  ::)
Second Extinction was another FPS with an interesting take of killing Dinosaurs.
The Medium looks interesting and Dirt 5 looks really purdy, though I dislike racing game. Also noticed Dirt 5 will be 4K/60fps with a 120fps option. This is what every developer should stick to. Goodbye 30FPS! Well I am sure Bethesda and a few other devs will find a way bring it back to 30fps. They can't even get a solid 30fps on 1800p games right now.

A few days ago there was this.

https://www.ign.com/articles/lord-of-the-rings-gollum-game-ps5-xbox-series-x-screenshots

Jason

Nothing really blew me away. I guess all the talk about the powerful hardware used in the next-gen systems had me expecting more. The generational leaps seem to get smaller each time.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

Finally getting to see some real next-gen gameplay footage on the PS5:

https://youtu.be/qC5KtatMcUw

Jason

BDSooner72

Not surprising given what all they have done this gen for backwards compatibility. It's pretty much been their thing, along with game pass.  Now if they could start getting out more quality first party games. They have had a couple real solid releases this year with Ori and now Minecraft Dungeons is really damn good. I absolutely hate the combat in Minecraft but it works well in Dungeons.

Jason

I think Microsoft is doing a great job with the upcoming generation so far. They're not making the mistake of launching with the weaker console this time and I really like the look of the system. Game Pass and free upgrades to next-gen titles when you but the current-get version are nice too.

Sony's exclusives and hopefully full PS4 compatibility are the only things making me lean towards the PS5, but we'll see what Sony shows on Friday.

Brad Company

I'm confident the PS4 back compat will be pretty thorough. I'm equally confident my PS3s will remain hooked up until 2025.

Jason

Sony's PS5 event was moved to this Thursday at 1pm PDT/4pm EDT. Glad they didn't delay it longer.

Jason

Wow, that was disappointing to say the least. The games and hardware were not impressive at all.

BDSooner72

But you get a PS3 game for free for buying a PS5.  ;D  I am interested in more on Horizon 2. Even the Sony Zealots at Resetera came away unimpressed with the showing.

Jason

Here's the full hardware reveal video:

Brad Company

So glad GTA V is coming to PS5. /s/

Jason

I don't mind how the all-digital versions looks, but the disc-based system looks horrible. It's almost as if Sony was planning on making the PS5 disc-less and then chickened out at the last minute and added a drive onto it.

I'm curious to see the difference in price between the two. There's speculation that the disc-less system may come with an larger SSD. I have no interest in 4K movies and have never even put a game or movie disc in my PS4 slim, which I got 1.5 years ago, so I may consider the disc-less system.

Jason

If this is legit, I'm all over the digital version.

BDSooner72

I might just wait for Sony and MS to announce the prices.