News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Super Mega Baseball 3 coming out next month

Started by Jason, March 11, 2020 @ 11:39:30 AM

BDSooner72

It's a mixed pot with some teams. One of the reasons I went with Jack Lambert as a CF is he played in the Tampa 2 defense which meant on a pass he was playing Center Field. Probably put too much though into that but most of the OF is WR's DB's and RB's. Again this varied by team as I did not have a hard fast rule. I have some linemen in the infield, especially 1B. All were adjusted as best I could to the player and position. 28 teams with 21 players on each team, it was much more time consuming than I expected. Plus I edited every player to the correct color, hair and face as best I could remember.

Currently 12-3 as my editing just gave me an "L" to San Francisco. Steve DeBerrg was the starter in 1979 and Montana was a Rookie. Decided to make Montana the S rated pitcher but in doing so, felt bad for DeBerg and made him an A+ rated pitcher. This was for a team that went 2-14 in 1979 so the rest of the roster outside of the one S rated non-pitcher was edited to be that crappy. Yet somehow they have stayed near .500 and DeBerg shut me out for 6 innings as they took a 4-0 lead. Was able to score 3 in the final inning but yet another popup on a high pitch doomed me, as it did all game.

Also with my rosters I only went with players from 1979 that I had actually heard of.  Only the Cowboys and Steelers roster are completely from that year. Some teams I only knew 4-5 players. So I ended up using a bunch of All-Pros from across each decade. I did my best to make the 1979 players the best rated players.  Also to differentiate between the two, any player who did not play in 1979 got their name reversed. So Lane Night Train is tearing it up right now for the Cardinals. Had to throw some owners in on a couple teams. The Browns, Bengals and Tampa Bay were nightmares due to how bad their teams were over the year.

BDSooner72

Stats and Leaders through week 20.  Came off a heartbreaking loss to Atlanta in 10 innings, Then in a win at Detroit I lose Stallworth and Swan to injury (out a couple games) and another pitcher is flattened by a hit and will miss a start.

Image Album

https://imgur.com/a/tGlgIuh

Ted

Jason

New update out and it's a big one...8GB on PS4. Downloading now.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on June 25, 2020 @ 06:21:12 PM
New update out and it's a big one...8GB on PS4. Downloading now.

Super Mega Baseball 2 game update 1.04 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC/Steam. Check out the patch notes below.
Major additions

• Added new Awards system to Pennant Race mode.
  • Added multi-layer transformations in Logo Editor.
  • Added basic undo support in the Logo Editor.
  • Added ability to view player stats for all teams in a league within season/elimination mode.
Improvements / balancing

• Reworked AI pitcher strategy to more effectively consider game situation, batter strengths/weaknesses, and swing rate when selecting pitches and pitch locations.
  • Reduced frequency of pitcher idle animations.
  • Slightly reduced pitch speeds at high batting Ego.
  • Increased extra contact provided by the contact swing (does not affect AI batters).
  • Slightly increased difficulty of throwing pitches accurately at high pitching Ego.
  • Reduced fielding assist at high fielding Ego.
  • Tweaked Mojo boosts/penalties such that extreme states are reached slightly less frequently.
  • Tweaked how Mojo and Fitness affect player skill values.
  • Moved 2nd base umpire slightly to make pitches from low arm angle left-handed pitchers easier to see from batter’s perspective.
  • Reduced pitchers’ ability to make plays on sharply hit balls up the middle.
  • AI more properly factors in injuries when choosing relief pitchers.
  • AI now intentionally walks batters in certain situations.
  • AI occassionally throws a pitchout when it thinks a baserunner might be stealing.
  • Added a new help page to explain the pitchout mechanic.
  • Improvements to game ordering in season schedules.
  • Added Pennant Race specific pro-tips.
  • Improved user experience and menu flow after disconnects/forfeits in online play.
  • Game History in Pennant Race now displays all games including those in prior races.
  • Pennant Race standings are now sorted such that players with zero games played are at the bottom.
  • Improved navigation in card view of the Roster screen.
  • Generally faster/smoother menu navigation throughout the game.
  • Changed Mash Taters’ secondary position on the Nemesis from 3B to None (he throws left handed).
  • Changed Mimori Aoshima’s secondary position on the Nemesis from None to 3B.
  • Switched Bambino and Finderre in the Grapplers default batting order to give Bambino better protection in the lineup.
  • [PS4] Added option to allow save data to be restored from backup if it has been corrupted.
  • [PS4] Improved visibility of L1/R1 and L2/R2 icons throughout UI.
  • [STEAM] Added message to clarify that Crowd Density changes aren’t applied until the next game.
  • [STEAM/XBOX ONE] Enabled achievements in online play.
  • [PS4] Enabled trophies in online play.
Issues addressed

• Fixed: Step-out/substitution exploit in online play.
  • Fixed: Catcher sometimes fails to charge-up and make throw on steal attempts in online play.
  • Fixed: Selecting a new runner could sometimes result in commands being given to the previous runner in online play.
  • Fixed: Ball physics sim would produce extreme/unrealistic bad hops, typically near grass edges.
  • Fixed: Ball physics sim would occasionally allow ball to pass through/beneath outfield walls.
  • Fixed: Physics issues around some foul poles that could cause balls hit off the pole to be ruled foul.
  • Fixed: Fixed issue where baserunners would automatically advance after a dropped infield fly.
  • Fixed: AI fielders could make excessive failed tag attempts while pursuing baserunners.
  • Fixed: AI defenders could fail to tend first base in some situations in which it should be tended.
  • Fixed: AI substituting a player at a major defensive penalty.
  • Fixed: AI frequently starts an injured player only to immediately remove them from the game.
  • Fixed: Players occasionally render incorrectly when viewing teams from Season/Elimination Hubs.
  • Fixed: All instances of duplicate jersey numbers appearing on the same standard teams.
  • Fixed: Crash caused by player names made up of only numeric characters.
  • Fixed: Certain numbers could be visually cut-off on the back of the jerseys.
  • Fixed: Player pose on trading card could change suddenly.
  • Fixed: Non-pitcher could be shown in pitching animations in the player editor.
  • Fixed: Possible crash in Post Game screens in online play after one user has left the game in online play.
  • Fixed: Crash when co-op partner attempts to skip all simulations in online play.
  • Fixed: Co-op partner gets stuck if you enter the season simulator before they’ve returned to the Season Hub after a game.
  • Fixed: Pennant Race standings could display nonsensical data.
  • Fixed: View Standings button could take you to incorrect Pennant Race results.
  • Fixed: Game could freeze after changing your Pennant Race team twice in a row.
  • Fixed: ‘VS’ icon being incorrectly displayed when starting to simulate games.
  • Fixed: Online status being incorrectly reported as “Server Maint” when user is actually offline.
  • Fixed: Party leadership is not properly restored after re-engaging users in certain menus.
  • Fixed: Pause Menu could be incorrectly visible at the end of a game.
  • Fixed: Players being incorrectly excluded from League Leaders stats.
  • Fixed: Team stats sometimes not correctly appearing after simulating a game.
  • [PS4] Fixed: Party joins from PS4 OS no longer cause game to hang on “Initializing”.
  • [XBOX ONE] Fixed: Hang on loading screen after entering team name twice when copying a team.

Ted

from the steam patch notes:

"Franchise news feed text has been updated to use gender-neutral pronouns."

lol where's Brent.  I want to see if the top of his head blows off.

BDSooner72

Just call me Zim big boy.  Zieself thinks it's a wonderful addition to the game.  ;)

Don't know if it was the patch or I was rusty but Ken Stabler shut me out for 6 innings. had a two run lead heading to the bottom of the final inning. Then he loaded the bases, walked in the first run. Joe Green has been slumping so I desperately subbed him with out of position Rocky Bleier. Base hit, two runs score, the Steelers win!

BDSooner72

I was getting tired of changing names back so I cancelled my franchise and started a 162 game/7 inning season where I do not have to worry about trades, FA's and such.

Halfway through creating my 30 team College Football League that consists of All-Americans from each team. This one I have tweaked to only have two divisions (North and South) due to so many teams changing conferences over the years. Also plan on running a 162 game/7 inning season with it. Top 4 teams from each division advance to the playoffs.

We might not have football this year but by gosh I will have something to get me through the winter.

BDSooner72

I lost to the Cleveland Browns today in 15 innings.

Jason

I'm still waiting for the online pennant mode.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

It looks like online leagues is finally coming next week (9/29).

BDSooner72

Yup, will be interesting to see it in action.  Have not seen the patch notes but they really need to tone down the fielders missing a ground ball, especially when diving and having it roll 20 yards away. It was comical the first few times, now not so much.

BDSooner72

Patch is out. I just setup a league as a test. If you guy want to do different setting it is no problem, just trying it out.

Name: SGNBB
7 Inning Games
Locked at 45 Ego
PC keyboard and mouse is not available (this was the default)
Standard teams only. You can use customized standard teams since ratings cant be edited. I tested it and it let me use my all female 69'ers (used the Blowfish).
Season set to 5 games max against each player (highest was 10) and no time limit for the season to be played.

Code: Expires in 24 hours
GPYBIK

BDSooner72

Patch notes:

Update 4 Patch Notes
Announcement

Update 4 is currently rolling out on all platforms. Here are the patch notes:

Major Additions:

New Online Leagues game mode:

Play against friends on other platforms

Use custom teams (optional)

Uses matchmaking with customizable options and no fixed schedule

Statistics tracked throughout

Available in both the full game and in the demo/trial versions

Completely revamped Watch Mode for spectating AI vs AI games

Watch the game and explore the details of the ballparks from dozens of new camera angles

Control the camera direction and zoom for an immersive spectator experience

Use new minimal HUD modes for a relaxed visual experience or for clean screenshots

Improvements:

The speed and direction of ball deflections off of missed catches by fielders has been tweaked so that the ball continues to travel more in its current direction, and less in the direction that the fielder is moving.

Pitchers now drop even more comebackers.

A pitch intended to be a pitchout will now register as a pitchout even if the pitcher's aim is slightly off.

Further minor improvements to AI bullpen usage have been made.

The suggested lineup algorithm / AI-generated lineups have been updated to reduce the likelihood that a big power hitter gets put in the lead-off spot while a more contact-type hitter ends up in the #3 spot.

Home run horns have been revised.

Pennant Race Ego assignments and Ratings have been adjusted, particularly to increase runs per game for players that were previously at Ego 80 and above.

In Pennant Race, the Hub now shows what Ego you will be assigned in your next game.

In Pennant Race, the standings can now be refreshed without leaving the Hub.

In Pennant Race, the Game History screen now lists the Ego used by each player.

[New to PS4 only, already present on other platforms] In Pennant Race, users can now see their opponent's visual team customizations if they choose to by setting the Force Default Teams option to off.

In Pennant Race, the randomization algorithm used to pick the starting pitcher slot and the home team has been updated.

Various other minor UI improvements and touch-ups have been made.

Minor cinematic camera improvements have been made.

Various audio improvements have been made, particularly with the sound of the umpires' voice.

Issues Addressed:

Fixed: In online play, base stealers are allowed to retreat too quickly after giving steal input or after the pitcher steps off, resulting in a "steal spamming" exploit.

Fixed: In online play, pressing the swing button before the pitch delivery telegraphs to the batter whether a pitch is on its way, leading to a base stealing exploit.

Fixed: Baserunners can be picked off on low throws in the dirt from the pitcher, even when no steal input is given.

Fixed: AI outfielders sometimes throw behind runners when they should be throwing ahead of them.

Fixed: In Pennant Race, a user can unintentionally be locked into the same team for the next race without being given an opportunity to pick a new team.

Fixed: In Pennant Race, player stats can fail to record after a player forfeits the game.

Fixed: A Franchise, Season, or Elimination playthrough can become inaccessible / crash the game on entry due to a corrupt mid-game save file generated via the "Finish Later" option in the pause menu.

Fixed: In Franchise mode, Mojo and Fitness can be initialized and updated incorrectly once a new season starts.

Fixed: In Franchise mode, season stats (AVG, ERA, WHIP, etc.) are not visible in the post game stats.

Fixed: In Franchise mode, number of pitches thrown by pitchers in the last 3 games are not displayed in the lineup menu.

Fixed: In Franchise mode, when loading the Franchise after completing the playoffs but before starting the offseason, the playoff bracket, stats, etc. from the wrong season can be shown instead of those from the most recent season.

Fixed: In Franchise mode, after many seasons, the game can lock-up after pressing the Skip Offseason button.

Fixed: Two batters appear at the plate after ball is thrown out of play during a strikeout cinematic.

Fixed: Baserunner could end up starting the next at-bat at the wrong base following a fouled bunt third strike.

Fixed: Sub n Swipe achievement not being awarded correctly.

Fixed: In online play, attempting to send a chat message at an inopportune time can inadvertently trigger a stolen base attempt or other unwanted behavior.

Fixed: In online play, a player's batting stance appears different than the one chosen for them via customization.

Fixed: When playing online co-op Franchise mode in the offseason, game can crash in the Sign and Release screen after advancing to the next round.

Fixed: Exhibition team select screen can feel laggy when toggling through teams.

Fixed: [Switch only] Base stealing help story can repeatedly trigger when playing with single joycons.

Fixed: Pants style 3, knee cut length appear different on Male players with the Average body type.

Fixed: Away team announcer call for Nate Hanky can incorrectly say Chilli Little instead.

Fixed: Various other minor bugs with respect to announcer calls.

Fixed: Umpire can incorrectly call a ball outside/inside/up/down when it is a ball that misses elsewhere.

Fixed: Red headlights appearing on cars in Lafayette.

Fixed: In Big Sky, players in the dugout can clip with each other during a home run cinematic.

Fixed: Various touch-ups to Tiger Den, including moving the yellow foul line on the left-field wall so that it lines up with the foul pole.

Fixed: Incorrect distance measurement on outfield fence in Big Sky.

Fixed: Home run dugout celebration camera never used in Shaka.

Fixed: Various other rare crashes in the Front End / UI across several game modes.

Fixed: Various physics issues in stadiums outside the field of play.

Jason

I'll join with your code later today.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk