News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Super Mega Baseball 3 coming out next month

Started by Jason, March 11, 2020 @ 11:39:30 AM

BDSooner72

Jason,

I play 7 inning games. 

Only once I bump it up to 70-75 ego which is what I used with SMB2 at the end, that is where the AI tends to ignore everything outside the strike zone.  They said they made the game harder, especially at higher ego's and they did just that. On 45 it's not a problem and I can get an average of 5 strikeouts a game.  On 60 (my default pitching) I get 3-4 strikeouts but give up far more HR's when I make a mistake and a few more walks. Now if I were to switch to power pitching, I would be screwed on any Ego. Can't control that at all. Power hitting I can do with the analog stick just fine but I tend to stick with the buttons and get plenty of power.

How are you enjoying the game so far? I think if they can clean up the drops from catchers and first basemen it will be good as gold for me. They have already commented on this and will have far less drops to first base on balls in the air.  The AI base running, particularly the leadoff and how far they go with a pitch that is hit in the air can be a problem. Have had a few more double plays due to runners getting halfway to the next base on a medium hit ball that does not get out of the infield. Flip side, I do a batter job of stopping the runner and head back. So that one does not bother me as much.

Jason

I'm fine playing at a higher ego. I'm sure I'll get better the more I play.

Hopefully the gameplay update, which includes baserunning fixes, will be part of the Online Pennant Mode update.

Ted

I have to say that I do seriously dislike the outfield play.

Ted

BDSooner72

Quote from: Ted on June 14, 2020 @ 06:05:17 PM
I have to say that I do seriously dislike the outfield play.

how so? If you mean how it auto-fields. Turn up fielding to 75 or 99.

Ted

I have a terrible time judging the fly balls.  A lot of routine looking stuff ends up dropping in because I can't tell where it's going to fall.  It's the weakest part of my game and the weakest part of the game, imo.  Kills the enjoyment quite a bit.

Jason

Even though the outfield play is essentially automatic, I've always wanted a marker showing where the ball is going to land.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Ted

It's not automatic at 46 ego.  I would estimate that I have to steer them towards the catch on 75% of the balls hit to the outfield.  They might run in that direction, but they almost never get there on their own.

Snapped my 3 game losing streak with a 5-2 win over the Heaters.

Jason

I thought fielding was pretty much automatic regardless of the ego setting so the lack of a ball marker really makes no sense.

BDSooner72

If you put the fielding ego to the max it is less automatic  You will have to move to the desired location with less assistance. Fielding in the outfield actually has a visual clue, not a marker but once they raise their hands up you have hit the right spot. While it has never been an issue for me they could add the option of a landing marker or go old school and have the shadow of the ball get smaller as it descends.

Jason

I renewed my PS Plus so I'll be ready once the patch drops.

BDSooner72

Pittsburgh 4-0 at home against a 1-3 Dallas. Bradshaw vs Staubach. Each team scores a run early and it goes to extra innings tied 1-1. I have to pull Bradshaw. Dallas hits a 2 run HR in the second extra inning. Staubach who has been sailing along gets me to pop out, line drive and the catcher grabs a foul ball to end the game.  :-[

To make matters worse, I am destroying the Giants in the next game. They were one of the really bad teams in 1979, so don't blame me Jason. Up 9-0 in the 3rd and Ray Freaking Rhodes hits a fork ball right in my pitchers kisser to knock him not only out of the game but for his next start. Ironically the ball hit so hard the catcher was able to scoop it up and get the out at first.

BDSooner72

10-2 right now. Lost to Cleveland which is as bad as losing to Dallas. Most teams are in-line with the 1979 season. The two surprises are the Lions at .500 and the Chargers at 4-7.  San Diego was tied with Pittsburgh for the best record in the regular season and I built their roster as such. Detroit only won two games and built them to be that bad. The Giants are only 2-10 and they have a far better roster.

If you guys are interested I am running a 7 inning 62 game franchise that I pan to run a few years. At 20/40/62 games I can post the standings and the league leaders.

Jason

Sure, go for it.

Ted

Absolutely.

It's interesting that you've reversed offensive and defensive roles using quarterbacks for the pitchers.  If it were me I'd have all RBs and WRs in the field and the QBs as Catchers.  If that was really unappetizing then QBs as CF or SS.

The defensive players would be the pitchers since pitchers are the first line of defense, with the DLs as the starters and the LBs. CBs or safeties as relievers.