News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Super Mega Baseball 3 coming out next month

Started by Jason, March 11, 2020 @ 11:39:30 AM

BDSooner72

Jason I am adding an S tier player to each teams rotation and starting lineup. Any thoughts on 1979?  I was thinking Phil Simms for pitcher even though it was his rookie year. The other? I was thinking Harry Carson or Brad Van Pelt.

Jason

Phil Simms works for me, but it's your call to make. This is your baby so run with it.
This is probably a dumb question, but when this Online Pennant Mode update comes out will we all be able to all play against each other online even though we're on three different systems? Also, has there been any update on when it's supposed to come out other than "sometime in June"?

BDSooner72

Jason

Will we be able to game games against each other and have voice chat available?

BDSooner72

Om Xbox you can voice chat cross-platform. Just a simple setting to turn on/off. It is limited to in game chat, not party chat. There are some ways around this but not very convenient. Pretty sure PS4 in game chat works the same.

BDSooner72

Uniforms and Logos complete. Steeler Roster complete. just need to finish the rest of the teams rosters.

Album of the uniforms/logos

https://imgur.com/gallery/9yPh7dV

Jason

Holy crap that's impressive. We'll all be able to use these in Online Pennant Mode?

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on June 11, 2020 @ 07:29:24 PM
Holy crap that's impressive. We'll all be able to use these in Online Pennant Mode?

Depends on if they allow roster/uniform sharing on consoles. Only PC players can do that and only because of a mod. 

Ted

Ted

Mattie Bats hit a walk off grand slam to beat the Sirloins 13-10.  Crazy see-saw game.

BDSooner72

What Ego is everyone playing on?  45 batting 60 for pitching/defense.

Ted

Currently 42.  I go up 1 or down 1 at a time depending if I win or lose.  I won the first couple of games pretty easily then bumped it up to the first notch of "serious" which I think is 39?  From there I adopted the +1/-1 plan for the remainder of my first season and will see where it settles out.

BDSooner72

That is a good idea. If we end up playing each other we would have to settle on a ego. Head to head should be less of an issue of we all agree on something close.

I can pitch fine up to 65, used to be higher in SMB2 but they did bump the difficulty and batters just do not budge on pitches outside the strike zone or I am doing something wrong. I have never been able to bat above 50 on any of them. My reaction to pitches just breaks down at that number. So to keep games close I just constantly adjust pitching.

Jason

Are you guys fucking kidding me?!? I use the the default which is 15 and still lose on a regular basis.

Do you both play full 9 inning games?

Ted

I play full 9's

My Sawteeth are 8-3 now.  EGO 45.

Brent, you can't get the batters to swing at bad pitches on any ego or just once you have bumped it up?  I'm still able to routinely set them up for a two strike swing at something that's a bit off the plate.  They protect pretty well.  I don't get a lot of strikeouts, but I do get them to put bad pitches into play.

I don't think we have to play on the same ego.  I'm pretty sure you are allowed to set ego independently and if so I wouldn't be against that to keep things fun.