News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

eFootball PES 2020

Started by Jason, July 30, 2019 @ 02:11:29 PM

Jason

Demo is now available for PS4 and Xbox One. Downloading it now...

Jason

Finally had a chance to play a few games and came away impressed. The graphics, which are supposedly downgraded for the demo to keep it small, and the new default camera (Stadium) were a bit of a turnoff when I first saw them, but I was able to get the camera adjusted to my liking. I'm still debating on whether I'm going to stick with the default camera from PES 19 (Dynamic Wide) or the new default "Stadium" view in 20. The new stadium camera started growing on me after bumping the zoom up from 2 to 4.

Once I started playing I immediately noticed that the gameplay was slowed down from last year's game which made it feel much more realistic and methodical, and less like video-game soccer. The improved ball physics are really impressive this year. I know I say this every year, but it's really well done this year and light years ahead of FIFA's ball physics. The way the ball moves and spins is so realistic, and it reacts so naturally with the ground and players. The added sloppiness when trying to control the ball makes the game look so much more natural than in the past.

The new animations and right-stick controls are a big plus too. There seems to be much more going on when players interact with each other on field now. I was getting called for a lot of fouls, and even got a yellow card, in the short games the demo provides.

I'm curious to see if the full game really does have improved graphics. If it does, it'll be hard to hold off on waiting for a $20 sale on this. I won't buy it at full price, but I might I jump in when it drops to $40.

Jason

Definitely sticking with the stadium camera. Played some more with it and can't go back to the old camera now.

BDSooner72

Had no idea you were so into footie. I like that PES tinkers with their cameras on occasion but I have not liked PES gameplay since the PS2/OG Xbox days.  Plus as a Man City supporter, I need my licenses.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on August 04, 2019 @ 11:04:16 PM
Had no idea you were so into footie. I like that PES tinkers with their cameras on occasion but I have not liked PES gameplay since the PS2/OG Xbox days.  Plus as a Man City supporter, I need my licenses.

Have no idea how I missed this post until now. I've bought both FIFA and PES for the past 5 years. I don't claim to be a soccer expert or really even watch the sport, but I love playing it in videogame form (same with hockey and racing). My lack of knowledge of the game makes the licenses a moot point for me, but I am glad to have Juventus in PES this year. Ted convinced me to use them back in our PS2 Winning Eleven days and I've stuck with them ever since.

BDSooner72

Kind of a similar thing with me. I was looking for a team to support in real life when I got hooked on PES in the PS2 days. Ended up with Man City because at the time they were as middle of the pack as you can get and they were the rivals of Manchester United, who I despised for being the home of more bandwagon fans than Arsenal and Chelsea combined. Also had two US players (Claudio Reyna and DaMarcus Beasley).

Jason

First update should be available for the game and demo sometime today or tomorrow.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Just bought the standard version of the game. Skipping FIFA this year and taking my second favorite team, Celtic and starting a Scottish Master League. I do miss the old days of Celtic vs Rangers and it was time to renew the hatred.

Jason

I'd be interested in your impressions once you get some time in with it. The patch and live update should be available today.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

It will probably be a day or two before I get into it.  Borderlands 3 releases today and will probably take over my life for awhile.

Jason

Big update coming out in late October (hopefully along with a price drop):

You have spoken loud and clear about the PES 2020 gameplay, and we have listened. There were a lot of interesting points that were raised by you, so we wanted to take in everything we could before giving you feedback. We apologize that it took us some time, but we’re finally ready to give you some feedback on this topic.
This is probably the longest post since we started this page, so get ready for some reading.  Let’s start with what actually changed between the Demo version and the final product.  Basically, we were focused on fixing the things that were deemed as bugs by the gameplay team.
One example of a bug that got fixed is how the fouls were being judged.
We noticed some fouls that were being judged in the Demo would not be considered as fouls in real life.
Since we always strive to make PES as close to real life football as possible, we did our best to make the judge better at defining which plays should be considered as fouls and which one were not.
As with the example above, many bugs were fixed in between the Demo version and the final product. Thus, it would not be viable to revert the gameplay back to the Demo version, because that would mean that all the bugs that were originally fixed would arise again. We’re sorry if this sounds disheartening to some of you, but we wanted to make this clear to everyone.
As the PES dev team, our main focus is to constantly search for the optimum play experience and game balance. Through this page we were able to hear the fans’ voices, and your input was invaluable for us to understand what each one thinks is “real football”.

Aside from this page, we take into account many other sources, including factual data from everyone playing PES (ex. number of matches, goals scored, fouls judged, types of dribbles executed, etc.).
All this information is being compiled and analyzed by our team to ensure that we can find the best gameplay possible. Having said all that, we will be bringing some gameplay changes by the end of October:
1. Better player reaction to loose ballsWe will be improving how players react to loose balls, ensuring that they will do their best to try and gain possession. This will ensure an exciting gameplay for 1 vs 1 duels in the sidelines or the battle for the ball in the penalty box.
2. Better positioning of the defense line and midfield lineSome people pointed out that there was a gap between the defense line and the midfield line, which allowed killer passes to reach the foward attackers with ease. We noticed that this resulted in a fast-paced game, since it was possible for the ball to reach the front lines with only a few passes. With the fix, it will become harder for the ball to reach the attackers, so constructing the play will be more important during matches.As a result, the pace of the game will come closer to reality.

This is just the beginning of our long journey to make PES the best football game ever.We would like to take this opportunity to thank every single one of you who took your time to give us feedback on the gameplay. Sometimes we may not be able to please everyone, but be assured that we always try our best to provide all of you with an awesome experience. Please continue giving us your feedback on the gameplay (and other aspects too).

BDSooner72

I have still only played one game due to Borderlands 3 but when I first loaded the game, there were like 6 or 7 straight announcements that were apologies for things before getting to the main  menu. It was like an Asian meme that Konami did not quite realize they were making one.

Still love that player camera. Just a fun camera to play with to take a break from the far away stuff. Much better than FIFA's.

Jason

With PES 2021 being a content update only, Konami announced they'll be moving from the Fox engine to Unreal 5 engine for next-gen PES 2022.

BDSooner72

Good idea this late in the gen. Allows more time to get ready for next gen. Will be interesting to see what it is priced at.

BDSooner72

$29.99 for the "Season Update" or $34.99 for a branded team version (Man Ctiy, Barca, Juventus, Arsenal and FC Bayern).

Seems about $10 to $15 higher than I was expecting for what little you get.