News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

MLB The Show 19

Started by Jason, December 28, 2018 @ 07:21:51 PM

Jason

Anyone else get an invite to the MLB 19 alpha? I was excited to check it out until I realized it's limited to Diamond Dynasty only. I just wanted to check out the graphics and gameplay :(

Brad Company

Maybe this is the year they fix the 4K/HDR issues. The game only runs properly in 1080p.

Jason

I seriously doubt that. Fixing and optimizing their game doesn't seem to be their thing.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jason

Now this is what a real baseball game looks like. The animations and graphics are both so much better than The Show.

https://youtu.be/gXTJ-mxZrGw

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Slumberland

Hi gents! How is everyone?

Jesus H Christmas Baseball Spirits looks incredible... still wish they were in a position to enable English menus in that series, the one time I imported it was fun but ultimately impenetrable. Looks like they even added a Koshien (the national high school tournament the Japanese go absolutely nuts for) mode this year?

In the meantime enjoying March to October mode in The Show... perfect for a dad of two who's lucky to get a couple hours of gaming in a week and just wants to dip in and out while still feeling like there's some progress made.

Jason

What's up Seth. I think the last time you posted here you only had one kid.

Slumberland

Hi Jason! That first one needed a friend to play Legos with. Time's gotten slippery, not sure how it's been so long since I've dropped by. How are things?

Jason

Congrats! I have three myself, so I know what that's like. You won't take any of your free time for granted anymore.

Jason

MLB 19 is currently on sale for $23.99 during Sony's Flash Sale.

Jason

I have to admit that SDS did a pretty good job with MLB 19 this year. They still haven't fixed the graphics degradation after the pitch selection, but the fielding and batting are much improved. The lighting and HDR have been improved too.

For starters, it's finally fun fielding in this game. Player movement isn't as twitchy as it's been in the past and animations play out smoothly and quickly. While not perfect, the framerate seems to have been improved too on the standard PS4. I'd love for this game to get nothing but optimizations one year, but we all know that's never going to happen.

SDS talked up their new ball physics coming off the bat and you can definitely see the improvement. I'm seeing a lot more hit types, and balls seem to go in the correct direction based on timing and bat location, meaning you won't see low/outside pitches popped up to opposite field when you swing late.

The presentation hasn't changed much, but they did add sideline reporter Heidi Watney, which adds a bit of realism to the game. Like most (all) sports games, it's not worth the $60 upgrade, but it was definitely worth the $24 I paid for it. I may finally delete MLB 16 from my PS4.

Brad Company

How's the hitting? After all the patching, some say hitting is worse than ever.

Jason

I really like the hitting this year. It's much better than 18. I was literally thinking to myself how much I enjoy the hitting while playing 19 about an hour ago, and I really did not like the hitting in 18.

I'm assuming those saying the hitting is "worse than ever" are from the overly-dramatic crowd at OS?

Jason

After spending some more time with the game I can confirm that the hitting and fielding are the best they've ever been. I'm not sure what changes or slider settings the people who say hitting is broken are using, but I use Pro hitting difficulty, no slider changes with zone hitting and no "Guess Pitch" or any of that other crap.

Brad Company

Good to hear, I'm hoping for a bit deeper discount on it.

Jason

Update 1.21 and server restart @ 3 AM PT on 9/23/19.
- Pitcher's HR/9 will no longer influence exit velocities.
- Inclusion of the Fall intro video.
- Minor UI adjustments.