News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Gameplay Video

Started by Jason, August 09, 2018 @ 03:21:17 PM

Brad Company

I picture you in a cowboy hat riding a broom horse around the house until then.

Jason

I just might if I drink enough this weekend.

Brad Company

Well, I caved and got it...installing as I type.
BTW, the Kotaku review is really really good.

Jason

I'm about an hour into it. It's a little slow moving, and I'm not sure how I feel about having to feed myself all the time, but I'm looking forward to playing some more tonight.

Brad Company

Yep, you gotta take it nice and leisurely. A 19th century pace, if you will.
Mine downloaded and fully installed in 2 hours or less. Some people have to wait hours and hours.

Jason

Just started chapter 2. Trying to take your advice and just play for an hour or so every day and enjoy the slow ride.

Brad Company

The subreddit is full of people that think the game, which basically plays itself, is too hard.
And loads of people that clearly never touched the first game.

Jason

I've been avoiding reviews and forum conversations due to spoilers, but I can't imagine what they find too hard. I know I'm not that far into the game, but nothing has seemed "too hard" yet. Can't recall thinking that way about anything in the original either.

Brad Company

Yeah, there's going to be a lot of used copies of this.  People expecting high paced GTA hijinks are bumming at the realities of trying to get a perfect rabbit skin pelt, and having to turn around to pick up their hat.

Jason

I've gotten a few more hours in and as expected, I'm not liking all the tedious shit that needs to be done like eating, shaving and cleaning your horse. The control scheme sucks too. I'm wondering if I should wait for a big patch to hopefully fix some of these things up.

Jason

Interesting video about the response time in the game:

Brad Company

They've never patched better controls into any of their stuff. The shaving, eating, and horse grooming is here to stay, as well.
Needless to say, there are a ton of disappointed, as well as some people getting down with the game.
I'm just dicking around until the MP drops. I have no rational reason to believe it will be anything but a pay to win shitshow, but ya gotta have hope.

Ted

Why do you have to shave?  Will people shoot you on sight for whiskers?

Is it better to have finished the first one (which I never have, but still have my copy) or does it matter for the story if I just move on into the second one.  I plan to pick it up when it's cheap in a year or two I guess.

Jason

I have no idea why I have to shave. I hate shaving in real life and now I have to do it in a video game too. It feels like they added these things to make it realistic, but it really just makes it tedious. Maybe RPG fans enjoy this crap, but I find it annoying.

The second game is a prequel that takes place 12 years (I think) before the first game, so completing the first one isn't necessary to play this. I would recommend playing it just because it's an amazing game, and so far I'd rank it higher than the new one.

Brad Company

Actually, the story flows better playing RDR2 first, then RDR.