News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Playstation 4 System Software 6.0 Beta

Started by Jason, August 01, 2018 @ 04:15:17 PM

Jason

I was just selected for it without even applying for it. Nice!!!

Brad Company

Jason

Just waiting on the actual update now...

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jason

Updating to the new beta as I type this.

Brad Company

Beta installed, now, what is new or different?

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on August 08, 2018 @ 10:43:33 PM
Beta installed, now, what is new or different?

I haven't noticed anything different and can't seem to find a list of changes except for performance improvements, which I haven't noticed either.

Brad Company

Brad Company

Now everyone feels trolled. My best guess is the patch is full of anti-hacking stuff.

Jason

I thought they were going to announce PSN name changes when it came out of beta since there were no big changes. I'm surprised they didn't just number it 5.64 instead of 6.0.

Jason

Just got an email saying I was accepted into the 6.1 beta preview. I hope there's more than just PSN name changes because I have no intention of changing mine. Not sure how anyone would want to after reading this:

Important Information before changing your Online ID:

• Not all games and applications for PS4, PS3, PS Vita, and other PlayStation systems support the online ID change feature. If you change your online ID:
  • You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
  • You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data, and progress toward trophies.
  • Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline
  • Your previous online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.

Brad Company

Jason

Turned on my PS4 today and was notified that it updated to 6.1. Don't see anything new yet.

Jason

Just got the email for the 6.50 beta. It says there are no big features to test in it though.

Jason

A strange thing happened...my new PS4 slim, which is not my primary console, automatically updated to the 6.50 beta, yet my primary/original PS4 shows no update available, even when I check manually.

Brad Company

7.00 Beta out, HDR calibration tool in system settings, now.