News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS4 Pro

Started by Jason, February 09, 2018 @ 09:07:22 AM

Jason

Sony really needs to release a PS4 Pro Slim for $299. I really want to get a Pro, but I love the look at the slim, and at this point, I'm not going to pay full price for something that's been out for almost a year and a half.

Brad Company

You're resistance weakens...a man with half an upgrade really isn't upgraded at all. >:D
Think of the pro merely as a double decker slim. You could be enjoying advanced graphics right now. ;)
Every day you're not gaming in 4K is a day you can't get back. The sands of time continue to pour. :))

Sell the slim while IT still has a modicum of value. Voila, that pro is no longer 399 anymore.

Jason

I don't own a slim. My PS4 is the original with an upgraded hard drive. I'm planning on keeping it when I eventually buy a PS4 Pro and will put it in my office/den so I can play it while my younger son monopolizes the living room TV and PS4 Pro.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on February 09, 2018 @ 05:09:52 PM
when I eventually buy a PS4 Pro.

I'd leave the OG for the kids, but that's just me. DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF

Jason

The 4K TV is in my living room and I'd prefer to play in there, but it's hard to get control of that TV until everyone (mainly my youngest son) is in bed. At least this way I'd be able to sneak in some daytime gaming on my old PS4 while he's on his 21st playthrough of the Arkham series.

Brad Company

I hear those games really open up on the 22nd playthrough.

Jason

21 is not an exaggeration for the first three. It only takes him about 3 days to beat each one. He just completed Arkham Knight for the third time. That one's a bit longer and harder for him. He completed it all on his own this time. My older son and I did not help him at all.

He can't just play one either...he has to play all four in story order, so he starts with Origins, then Asylum, City, and Knight. He's now trying for 100% completion with Arkham Knight. He completed the main story and is now at 72%. He's currently growling loudly in the other room while constantly dying on the Riddler driving parts.

Jason

I may be crazy, but I'd be all in for a PS4 Pro Slim for $249 or $199 when the PS5 releases, especially if the PS5 is as expensive as I think it's going to be. Sony has released slim consoles of previous gen systems while their current gen system was out.

Brad Company

It ain't happening. They are currently moving heaven and earth to ramp up production on PS5, the demand is going to be insane.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on July 28, 2020 @ 02:03:58 PM
It ain't happening. They are currently moving heaven and earth to ramp up production on PS5, the demand is going to be insane.

You're absolutely right.I didn't even think of that.