News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Gran Turismo Sport

Started by Jason, March 09, 2017 @ 03:32:47 PM

Jason

I think I'm gonna pass on it. I had forgotten about having to be online to just save your profile. I'm always online anyway, but I don't like it being required.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on November 28, 2017 @ 06:40:09 PM
I think I'm gonna pass on it. I had forgotten about having to be online to just save your profile. I'm always online anyway, but I don't like it being required.
I ended up buying it this morning...I'm a fucking rock.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Ted

Brad Company

Can't wait to race you online; oops, naw, guess not. :))

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on November 30, 2017 @ 02:03:41 PM
Can't wait to race you online; oops, naw, guess not. :))
Did you buy it too?

Brad Company

Jason

I have to admit that I was wrong about GT Sport. They haven't even released the single-player career mode and this is still the only game I've played since I got it. I've been doing the single races and trial mode only to level up and earn some cash. Right now I'm at level 12 (very close to 13) and need to reach level 20 to unlock all the tracks.

I've been gifted most of my cars by reaching the daily mileage goals every day, but I'm hoping to earn another $100K to buy my first GT3 class car. I wish they had more car upgrade options other than just color/liveries and tires. I have some decent starter cars in my garage that I would've loved to invest in.

Brad Company

That GT feel is something to behold. I played a little GT6 on the PS3 the other day, and it sucks you right in.

Jason

Level 18 and hoping for the big update soon with December halfway over.

Jason

The single-player campaign update arrived today along with some other stuff:

Main Features Implemented  1. Campaign Mode
 - 'GT League' has been added. This is a mode in which you can challenge a variety of races using cars from your garage (Every league requires a certain Driver Level to enter).

2. New Cars
 - The following 12 cars have been added:
  ・Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) (N300)
  ・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32) (N300)
  ・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) (N300)
  ・Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (N400)
  ・Lamborghini Countach LP400 (N400)
  ・Ferrari F40 (N500)
  ・Ferrari Enzo Ferrari (N700)
  ・KTM X-BOW R(N300)
  ・Suzuki Swift Sport (N100)
  ・Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1) (N100)
  ・Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova (N700)
  ・Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) (N300)

3. Tracks
 - A new layout, the “Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi” has been added.

4. Scapes
 - A new ”Season's Greetings” group has been added to the Top Screen. New photo scenes are included in the group.

5. Brand Central
 - We have added the “Lewis Hamilton Reference Laps #1 â€" Nürburgring” to the 'Lewis Hamilton' section of Brand Central;
 - A museum section has been added to Chevrolet.
 - Special Scapes scenes have been added to Bugatti.

6. Top 24 Superstars
 - In the FIA Championships within Sport mode, a 'Top 24 Superstars' race will be held as the final round of each race season. This will be a single race within the final round, where only one group will be matched among the top drivers. In this race you will earn more points than a standard race.

7. Lobby
 - Added a new [Settings] section under [Event Settings] -> [Regulation Settings].

8. Physics Simulation Model
 - Traction control while turning has been adjusted to allow smoother cornering.

9. Controller
 - The DUALSHOCK®4 motion sensor steering sensitivity has been adjusted so that steering requires less rotation.

10. Buttons Assignment
 - It is now possible to set throttle and brakes in the buttons assignments of the wireless and steering controllers. The settings can be changed from [Options] -> [Controller];
 - Fixed an issue where the operation of the left/right stick on the T-GT steering controller was affected by the wireless controller assignment settings.

11. Sound
 - Tires screeching sounds have been adjusted;
 - The sound balance of the Chaparral Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo has been adjusted.

12. Additional Language
 - Thai language support has been added to the Asian version.
Other Improvements and Adjustments  - Various other issues have been addressed.

Jason

It's also part of Sony's Flash Sale today.

Brad Company

You know I had to have it...downloading now.

Jason

I knew you'd crack. In your defense, you picked a perfect time to get it.

Brad Company

Bought a Corvette, I'm good to go. Seriously, this may be the best looking game I've ever played.

Jason

The game is definitely a looker. I can only imagine how good it looks on the Pro. It's hard playing Nascar Heat 2, which had bad graphics to begin with, after playing so much GT Sport.

The best way to get new cars is to complete the daily workout of driving at least 25 miles in any mode. There are nights, like tonight, that I'll go on just to run 15 time-trial laps at Blue Moon Bay just to get my free car. Unfortunately, you can receive the same gift car more than once. It's a shame there's no sharing feature like Forza so I could gift you some of my duplicate cars.