News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

NBA 2K16 A Spike Lee joint

Started by BDSooner72, April 23, 2015 @ 06:20:50 PM

BDSooner72

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/23/report-nba-2k16-will-be-a-spike-lee-joint

Well that pretty much solidified a non-purchase of 2k16.  A fan so annoying he had me rooting for Reggie Miller and that is saying a lot. Just make a freaking basketball game.

Jason

My thoughts exactly. What a waste a of time and resources that could be used for gameplay. Be glad you don't have to see Spike Lee at every home game of your favorite basketball team.

Brad Company

Crap game gets crappier, awesome.

BDSooner72

Pre-ordering this today!  10,000 VC Points! VIP Club! Early Access! Emerald Swag! Most groundbreaking sports title in video game history!

NBA® 2K16 Announces Early Tip-Off Weekend

Fans who pre-order get a head start on the action four days ahead of street date plus bonus digital goods

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 26, 2015-- 2K today announced that NBA® 2K16, the next iteration of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series for the past 15 years*, will offer fans an unprecedented Early Tip-Off Weekend, putting the full game into the hands of fans four days ahead of the scheduled street date. Beginning today, fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy beginning on Friday, September 25, four days ahead of the game's September 29 street date, along with in-game bonuses.

"NBA 2K16 promises to be one of the most groundbreaking sports titles in video game history, combining exciting new features with uncanny realism," said Alfie Brody, vice president of marketing for NBA 2K. "We're always seeking new ways to excite and ignite our fans' tremendous passion for the franchise, and offering unmatched early access is just another way to bring them closer to the on-court action they crave."

In addition to Early Tip-Off Weekend access, NBA 2K16 pre-orders will include the following in-game bonuses:

10,000 Virtual Currency (VC);

MyTEAM VIP Package:
New-Gen & PC - 3 MyTEAM Emerald Packs each with a guaranteed Emerald player;
Prior-Gen - MyTEAM Gold Booster Pack with Guaranteed Gold Player and 4 additional Gold items.

NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Just kidding.  :P

Jason

I like the early access but everything else is a complete joke.

BDSooner72

Speaking of a complete joke.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/06/04/spike-lees-nba-2k16-mycareer-mode-is-more-story-focused-and-less-about-you

QuoteLee has written and directed the mode for NBA 2K16 and it appears it’ll no longer feature your created MyPlayer, at the very least in name. Instead the story focuses on a player named Frequency Vibrations â€" and no that’s not a joke â€" whose “personal exploits off the court are just as chaotic as the game on it”.

(Update) 2K has since issued a statement, clarifying the vague initial information they provided about playing as a character named Frequency Vibrations, that MyCareer will remain similar to that of 2K14 and 2K15 with created players being used. They’ll just be stuck with the “Frequency Vibrations” nickname this time.

Gag me with a spoon. Frequency Vibrations?  ;D

Jason

Sounds about right considering it's Spike Lee.

Jason

I finally had a chance to try out NBA 2K16 after having son download it from his PS Plus account and I have to say that it plays great. It didn't have that clunky NBA 2K feel...the player control feels very responsive and I liked the pace of the game on the default settings.

Unfortunately, Amazon had it on sale for $24.99 a few days ago and I passed on it because I hadn't tried it yet and now it's over $33. I'm hoping they drop the price again since 2K17 is only a few months away. What I'd really like is for Sony to drop the price of the digital version since the game is free for PS Plus members anyway.

I forgot to mention that I love how they put the post up move back on L2, just like the old days. Don't know why NBA 2K and Live ever switched it away from that.

Jason

It just dropped back down to $24.99 at Amazon, so I grabbed it before the price jumped back up.

Brad Company

I finally installed this after getting it free last fall. Started playing Sim Pro default everything and the game actually played well.
Players were responsive, and my muscle memory remembered how to do the basics. Not bad.
1971 Bucks vs. 1972 Lakers. I took the Bucks and had a blast controlling Kareem.
The historic rosters will keep my interest with this for a pick up and play.

Jason

2K16 is really good. I thought is was so good that I didn't feel the need to upgrade to 2K17. Now that football season is over, I'll probably start playing this some more.