News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Project Cars Info

Started by Jason, March 16, 2015 @ 05:59:08 PM

Jason

Xbox One Gameplay:

Project CARS Xbox One Gameplay - First Xbox Gameplay 1080p HD

Between DC and this I don't see myself missing Forza that much this generation.

Jason

BDSooner72

Some more media for your anticipation. From a Gaf poster.

Overview of all captured footage and general impressions -
Project Cars - Exclusive PS4 Gameplay Final Preview

Le Mans cockpit+helmet cam -
Project Cars - Le Mans Helmet Cam

Nirburgring cockpit+helmet cam -
Project Cars Nürburgring Helmet Cam PS4 Gameplay

Azure Coast cockpit+helmet cam -
Project Cars - Azure Coast Helmet Cam PS4 Gameplay

Cadwell Park helmet-cam -
Project Cars - Cadwell Park Helmet Cam PS4 Gameplay

Imola replay, day into night transition -
Project Cars - Racing into the night at Imola PS4 Gameplay

Jason

I'm trying NOT to buy this the day it's released and you're NOT helping!!!

Jason

Of course they're all good so far...you're fucking killing me Brent.

Jason

I'm going with the digital version which includes the Limited Edition and Modified car packs. All the reviews have been good and I doubt it'll have game-breaking bugs like The Show.

GB_Simo

Quote from: Jason on May 07, 2015 @ 08:17:21 PM
I'm going with the digital version which includes the Limited Edition and Modified car packs. All the reviews have been good and I doubt it'll have game-breaking bugs like The Show.

It has a great many bugs, mate, but not many you'd call game-breaking. It can crash every so often, has a tendency to forget your custom HUD settings and sometimes the AI cheats a bit - not pitting in a mandatory pit stop race, carrying on as if it's dry when it rains mid-race - but I didn't call that game-breaking when F1s 2010 to 2013 did it so i can hardly start now.

However, the XB1 controls using the standard pad are broken to such an extent that a patch is already on the way. The outer 65% of the left stick's movement is a deadzone - all of the steering lock is contained within the first 35% of movement, which makes most cars impossible to drive precisely at speed and can't be dialled out. There are other XB1 control issues too, my favourite being that the steering can sometimes jam when you apply full lock and send you flying off course. The issue doesn't exist on PC and I didn't notice it on PS4 (with the disclaimer that I played that version for 10 minutes in a shop), so a PS4 pre-order should still be safe enough cough disclaimer cough.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Jason

Appreciate the info Adam. It's amazes me how none of the info is mentioned in any of the "professional" reviews. You have me second-guessing my day one purchase now.

BDSooner72

Top selling game in the UK Chats. Besting even GTAV. First racing simulation to make #1 in two years in the UK.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/uk-games-chart-project-cars-races-into-first/1100-6427237/

This is the country that brought us Top Gear, this game and GB_Simo.  How dare you even consider not getting it day one.

On a unrelated note, something stuck me about GB's profile. He has a +1 Karma. Upon further inspection, every other active poster has +1 Karma.  How much Karma do I have, sir?  I have zero Karma, not even half of a Karma. Now I am not "Karma Begging" but let it be known that this will not be forgotten.  First the yearly virtual snow flakes from hell and now this slight. 

Jason

Welcome to the +1 karma club. Go have yourself a party.

The staples come out tomorrow and hoping the splint stays off too so I can actually play the game if I download it.

BDSooner72

I was kinda thinking 100 Karma, need all the Karma I can get.  ;D

Jason

Brad Company

Day One Digital? Don't do it man. My butthurt from CoDAW is real and stings.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on May 12, 2015 @ 04:47:02 PM
Day One Digital? Don't do it man. My butthurt from CoDAW is real and stings.

Too late...I just did it. Downloading it now.