News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

E3 2012 June 4th - 7th

Started by BDSooner72, June 01, 2012 @ 02:25:58 PM

BDSooner72

The wonders of E3 are nearly upon us.  Since there is so much info coming out at one time I am just going to post everything here for the next week, except for games that already have existing threads.

The guide to E3

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475699

The conferences

BDSooner72

E3 2012: Tomb Raider Release Date Announced

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/e3-2012-tomb-raider-release-date-announced

Tomb Raider will arrive on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on March 5, 2013.

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol_-QGlwRqc&#ws

Jason

That's an impressive trailer. I had no interest in the game before watching that and will now keep a very close eye on it.

BDSooner72

Forza Horizon info

- Forza Motorsport 4 physics optimized for off-road
- 65 grounds like mud, gravel, grass, tarmac etc.
- reduced damage
- open world with dynamic day/night
- colorado environment/panorama with detailed foresight
- festivel with a huge drivable area and car service stations, paintshops, car dealers etc. on it
- events like mustang vs. mustang or racecar vs. jet

Screens

BDSooner72

Wii U Pro Controller announced

BDSooner72

The above image was from a stream - Nintendo Direct Pre-E3 - June 3, 2012

More WiiU stuff

First Mario WiiU footage

BDSooner72

BDSooner72

http://majornelson.com/2012/06/04/xbox-makes-entertainment-more-amazing-on-phone-pc-tablet-and-tv/

More TV and entertainment. Today, Microsoft announced more than 35 new content partners launching on Xbox over the next 12 months, including:

Absolute Radio â€"U.K.
    Ameba TV â€" Canada, U.S.
    BreakMedia â€" Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Singapore, South Africa, U.K., U.S.
    Comedy Central Stand Up â€" U.S.
    Comoyo â€" Denmark, Norway, Sweden
    Corus Entertainment’s Franklin the Turtle â€" Canada
    GameSpot TV â€" Australia, Canada, U.K., U.S.
    Headweb â€" Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden
    Indie Flix â€" U.S.
    Machinima â€" All Xbox LIVE markets
    Napster â€" Germany, U.K.
    Nickelodeon â€" U.S.
    Paramount Movies â€" U.S.
    Picturebox â€" U.K.
    Quickflix â€" Australia, New Zealand
    Rakuten ShowTime â€" Japan
    Revision3 â€" Canada, U.K., U.S.
    Rhapsody â€" U.S.
    RTL XL â€" Netherlands
    Slacker Radio â€" Canada, U.S.
    SnagFilms â€" U.S.
    Terra (Sunday TV) â€" Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico
    The AOL On Network â€" Australia, Canada, Netherlands, U.K., U.S.
    The Weather Channel â€" U.S.
    The Whistle â€" U.S.
    TOU.TV â€" Canada
    TV3 â€" Spain
    Twitch TV â€" U.S.
    Univision â€" U.S.
    Wuaki â€" Spain
    Youzee â€" Spain

Xbox Music revealed. Microsoft showed a sneak peek of Xbox Music, an all-new music service coming to Xbox 360, Windows Phone and Windows 8-based devices.

Xbox on Windows 8
This year Xbox will bring premium entertainment experiences to more than 180 new countries around the world when Xbox on Windows 8 launches, featuring four Metro-style apps: Video, Music, Games and Xbox SmartGlass. 3

With Xbox on Windows 8, you can play games with friends and earn achievements, listen to music, and enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies wherever you go.4 And with Xbox SmartGlass, you can start a movie or TV show on your Windows 8 device and finish it on the big-screen TV.

BDSooner72

Summer of Arcade. Each year Summer of Arcade delivers the most anticipated downloadable games of the season, and this year is no exception. With five back-to-back weeks of unparalleled releases, the fifth annual Summer of Arcade includes:

“Deadlight” (Tequila Works/Microsoft Studios). “Deadlight” is a puzzle platformer, where the player must take advantage of the main character’s agility to solve obstacles, and dodge zombies, manipulating the many interactive elements of the scenery. With more walking corpses than bullets, the feeling of danger is constant.
    “Dust: An Elysian Tail” (Humble Hearts/Microsoft Studios). As the mysterious warrior, Dust, your action-packed journey will take you from peaceful glades to snowy mountaintops and beyond. Battle dozens of enemies at once with an easy-to-learn, difficult-to-master combat system, and uncover the story of an ancient civilization on the brink of extinction as you fight to uncover your own past in a gorgeous hand-painted world.
    “Hybrid” (5TH Cell/5TH Cell). “Hybrid” is a pioneering third person shooter set in the near future, where global conflict exists between a species known as the Variant and a rebel human faction known as the Paladins. 5TH Cell strives to give players a completely new gameplay experience never seen before in the genre.
    “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” (Robomodo/Activision). “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” takes the best elements of the classic “THPS” games and gives them a fresh update to create an all new skateboarding experience. Tapping into fans’ muscle memories, and combining sharp visuals with the best controls ever in a Tony Hawk game, the feel is cutting edge yet timeless.
    “Wreckateer” (Iron Galaxy/Microsoft Studios). “Wreckateer” uses Kinect to put you in control of a massive castle-wrecking ballista. With the help of Wreck and Tinker, travel the land and destroy 60 castles using six magical projectiles, and explore the infinite ways you can wreak havoc with “Wreckateer’s” fully-dynamic destruction.

BDSooner72

South Park: The Stick of Truth E3 Official Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUF_qRKb2v8#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZHv-9e2ro#ws

I love South Park and this one looks pretty cool so far.

Jason

I watched some of this on Spike TV today and was blwn away by the new Splinter Cell - the graphics looked better than anything I've seen this generation. I've never played any of the Splinter Cell games, but I think I'm going to start with this one next year.

Just found the gameplay video on YouTube:

Splinter Cell Blacklist - First Gameplay Demo