News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Madden NFL 13 First Details

Started by BDSooner72, April 20, 2012 @ 08:28:50 PM

BDSooner72

New Broadcast Team in Madden NFL 13

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/04/20/new-broadcast-team-in-madden-nfl-13

Madden NFL 13 will feature a brand new announcers. The CBS duo of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will call the action in the booth. Nantz does play-by-play while Simms provides analysis â€" the two will be entering their ninth year together this coming season. It’s unclear whether they will act as a second broadcast team or if they are replacing Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth but the likelihood is those two are being pushed out.

Gus wears on me quickly but I still hope they go with two teams for variety.

Jason

If
Quote from: Brent on April 20, 2012 @ 08:28:50 PM

Gus wears on me quickly but I still hope they go with two teams for variety.

I wouldn't bet on that. Glad to hear they're actually recording new commentary this year though.

BDSooner72

Jason

Brent, you'll be glad to know that the gameplay controls are exactly the same with Madden and NCAA Football this year. I never understood why some of the basic controls (for example, the pump fake) were different in both games.

BDSooner72

Yeah, that was a pet peeve. Glad to see they are the same.

Jason

Lots of talk about Madden possibly using real-time physics in its gameplay engine this year. I'd be shocked if EA added such a major feature this late in this generation's cycle.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on May 17, 2012 @ 08:53:54 PM
Lots of talk about Madden possibly using real-time physics in its gameplay engine this year. I'd be shocked if EA added such a major feature this late in this generation's cycle.

Here's a detailed look at the video that started the rumor:

Madden 13 Quicky

BDSooner72

The only thing that video confirmed is that I still hate these guys who break down video games on youtube.

Jason

Toys R Us has Madden 13 available for pre-order for $44.99. I'm guessing Amazon is going to match that offer very soon.

BDSooner72

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-13-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B006VB2UNM/ref=sr_1_1_title_0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1338837452&sr=1-1

Get a $15 Credit and Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Bonuses
Pre-order Madden NFL 13 and receive a $15 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, gift cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). You will also get the Andrew Luck Future Stars Draft Pick Madden Ultimate Team Card for immediate use in Madden NFL 12.

BDSooner72

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/06/04/madden-nfl-13-introduces-infinity-engine-physics-system

The “monumental change to gameplay” for Madden NFL 13 has been announced and it’s the debut of a physics-driven system known as “Infinity Engine”.

Touted as having an unlimited number of animations and completely organic actions the gameplay will be transformed due to the new engine. Player mass, speed, and momentum will determine the collisions and physical attributes will matter more than ever because of this. With no pre-determined outcomes users will have full control of the players through and after contact.

More on the physics engine later today with more extensive information and a trailer still to come.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/06/04/connected-careers-for-madden-nfl-13

The reveal of NHL 13′s GM Connected mode did in fact largely spoil that of Connected Careers for Madden NFL 13. The mode essentially combines standard Franchise, Online Franchise, and Superstar Modes into a single initiative with the user choosing to be a player, control a team in a traditional manner or as a coach, and even integrates legends as an option to choose from to run through a career with.

Up to 32 teams can be user-controlled so again this is an expansion on what Online Franchise was with Franchise also being playable solo of course. When using an individual player XP is earned to use on upgrading them throughout the career with a checklist meant to lead to a hopeful Hall of Fame inclusion. A new story engine and fake Twitter feed adds to the immersion of the league in general. PCs, tablets, and smartphones will also be able to access the careers for some level of functionality that hasn’t quite been made clear yet.

More on the physics engine later today with more extensive information and a trailer still to come

Jason

I'm even more excited about Madden now. I was worried about being let down with the E3 conference, but was glad to hear EA confirm that real-time physics has finally made it into the game.

I wonder if NCAA Football will have it to.

Jason