News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

SSX

Started by Jason, February 09, 2012 @ 11:30:14 PM

Jason

Anyone thinking of buying this? I had no intention of buying it, but now I'm reconsidering. The videos I've seen have been pretty impressive.

Jason

That looks like it would be a lot of fun to play with the kids.

Jason

Demo arrives on 2/21 for XB360 and PS3.

Jason

Downloaded the demo and came away unimpressed. I guess that saves me some money.

BDSooner72

Used to love this type of game but I am too old for games with on emphasis on tricks and combos. I just want to race downhill doing jumps and having an Abominable Snow Monster or two chase me once I near the bottom.

Ski Free HD?  ;)

Jason

That's exactly how I feel - I just want to race and not have to worry about performing tricks to get boosts. That's why I always like the MX series, you could perform tricks if you wanted to, but it wasn't necessary to win races.

Jason

I went back and played the demo some more and it's starting to grow on me. My son tried it too and loved it. I may pick this one up when it goes on sale.

webdanzer

I'm on the fence, but leaning a little towards picking it up.  Always thought the series felt the least like real snowboarding (compared to Amped, Stoked, etc) but it generally gives me a decent time shooting for points and time.

Jason

Nice seeing you around these parts again Derek.

What impressed me was that I could race against my Xbox Live Friend's times and ghosts in the demo. I don't get to play against real people online much anymore, so this was a good way of getting the same type of challenge.

BDSooner72

I am going to order it tonight, if for anything my love of games played in snow. 300+ hours of Skyrim shows my dedication to games heavy on the snow.  :o

webdanzer

I ended up picking it up, so I'll be looking for times and scores to chase.  I'm lukewarm on it so far, but I've only played for about an hour.

Real life has kept me from posting much of anywhere for a while now, Jason, but hopefully things are settling down some and I'll be around a little more!

Jason

I think I'm going to pick this up with the $10 credit I get from MLB 2k12.

BDSooner72

Mine should be at the front door any minute now.  Will start putting up some numbers for you to steamroll over when you get the game.

Jason

What's the word on SSX? I'm expecting my $10 promotional credit tomorrow and it's already burning a hole in my pocket.