News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Dead Island

Started by Jason, September 28, 2011 @ 11:26:31 PM

Jason

Yeah, it's just frustrating because it's a fun game and I feel like I have to quit once I start getting into it. What's surprising is that I'm not one to get motion sickness and I don't wear glasses. I can, and do, go on every ride at Six Flags every time we go and I've never gotten sea sick either. It's strange how this one thing bothers me.

Brad Company

I get motion sickness easy IRL, but can play most any FPS no problem. Exceptions have been Unreal Tournament and Quake, which are insanely twitchy fast.

Are there sensitivity settings for the controller in Dead Island? If so, try lowering the look sensitivity(both x and y axis if possible).
That was the only way I could play Half Life 2.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on October 20, 2011 @ 04:41:50 PM
Are there sensitivity settings for the controller in Dead Island? If so, try lowering the look sensitivity(both x and y axis if possible).

Thanks, that sounds like a great idea because it seems to be the fast motion that causes the problem for me. I'm going to look for those settings and see if it helps.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on October 20, 2011 @ 06:46:44 PM
Quote from: Brad Company on October 20, 2011 @ 04:41:50 PM

Thanks, that sounds like a great idea because it seems to be the fast motion that causes the problem for me. I'm going to look for those settings and see if it helps.

Good call...I lowered the "Stick Sensitivity" and raised the "Look Dead Zone" all the way up. Hopefully it helps. Thanks again for pointing me to those settings.

Brad Company

Cool, hopefully it helps. Those are key settings for dialing in your performance in those games, as well.

BDSooner72

This is my GOTY, although Skyrim is pretty darn close.  Put 60+ hours into it and beat the game completely single player.  The end was a bit of a challenge.

The team behind game has trademarked Dead World.  Sign me up if this be a sequel.

Ted