News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

OS Interviews EA Football GM Cam Weber

Started by BDSooner72, April 27, 2011 @ 04:57:18 PM

BDSooner72

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1263/os-interviews-ea-football-gm-cam-weber/

On a more personal note, I am a former college football player. I played my college career at Simon Fraser University (now in the NCAA Div.II GNAC Conference) and was lucky enough to be able to serve as quarterback and captain of the team back in my glory days. I also spent a year on staff as the program’s quarterbacks coach in 1997. I have a deep love for the sport of football, and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to work in a job that combines my passion for football with my experience and passion for game development.

Coming in to a new role as GM of Football, I first spent a bunch of time doing research on where we stand with our current football franchises: Madden NFL and NCAA Football. As a football fan and sports gamer, I’ve obviously spent a ton of time playing these titles over the years, and I’ve spent hours and hours reading community feedback, past reviews and studying the forums to understand what our core consumers are asking for.

I like the fact that he did play football, up to a college level, even though it is a school I have never heard of. Also he does show a passion for the game and goes into points where their games have been lacking. Even mentioning where Franchise/Dynasty modes need to be worked on each year, unlike Madden 11 Franchise mode which was the exact same as Madden 10.