News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

iL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover, anyone?

Started by GB_Simo, April 04, 2011 @ 02:56:24 PM

GB_Simo

I ask because despite my best efforts, I remain some distance away from knowing anything about flight simulation, I trust the opinions of those on here with greater knowledge and I've read that in its current state, Cliffs of Dover is pretty much unplayable.

Anyone given it a shot yet?
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Ted

It's an absolute train wreck right now.  You need to wait for awhile.  It needs patching, optimization, and it is not a complete game yet.  Much like Rise of Flight, lots of features that were supposed to be in the game have been shelved to get it out the door with the plan of adding them later.  2 years after RoF has been released it is a much better sim with a deeper options.  I would definitely give CoD a pass right now, my friend.

If you must fly a good combat flight sim right now go get IL2 1946.  10 year old engine that has been modded wonderfully and you can get it for 10 bucks.

GB_Simo

Quote from: Ted on April 05, 2011 @ 01:13:27 AM
It's an absolute train wreck right now...It needs patching, optimization, and it is not a complete game yet.

Apart from that, though...?

Thanks for the advice as always, mate.  I'll steer well clear for the time being.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com