News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Super Mega Baseball 3 coming out next month

Started by Jason, March 11, 2020 @ 11:39:30 AM

Ted

this is on Steam as well.  Thinking about picking it up even though I didn't enjoy the earlier version.  This has franchise though.  And cross platform.

BDSooner72

The band getting back together? I realize that I am Yoko.  :'(

Jason

Quote from: Ted on May 14, 2020 @ 11:38:51 PM
this is on Steam as well.  Thinking about picking it up even though I didn't enjoy the earlier version.  This has franchise though.  And cross platform.

Which earlier version didn't you like? 1 or 2? I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, but the second one was much better.

Ted

Quote from: Jason on May 15, 2020 @ 12:15:28 AM
Quote from: Ted on May 14, 2020 @ 11:38:51 PM

Which earlier version didn't you like? 1 or 2? I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, but the second one was much better.

Well it shows that 2 is in my steam library.  I don't remember all the reasons I didn't enjoy it much, but part of it may have been I didn't like the pitching (or was it the hitting) and not having a franchise mode.  I mean I knew that going in, but thought I could get past it.  Then I couldn't.  And so I said I was "going out for a pack of smokes" and MLB the Show was waiting to pick me up around the corner and I ran back into her arms.

I've watched some videos and I'm pretty sure I'm still not going to like the on the field play.  But it does have franchise.  But oh that price point.  But but but.

I don't know.

Ted

Quote from: BDSooner72 on May 14, 2020 @ 11:45:43 PM

LOL maybe?

We've had our differences in the past, but I will admit that one of the best online experiences I ever had was playing that 2v2 hockey game with you against those two randoms.   It was a tough game, still tied either going into the end of the third or maybe we were in OT, not sure, but that one dude was getting chippy with me and he was obviously their better player.  So I said to you this guy wants to go so I'm gonna fight this guy, Brent.  And when we are off the ice it's just gonna be you and the other guy until time runs out and you're better.   I knew you could beat him.  And then you scored.  It was fucking great.  Don't know if you remember that but I sure do.  It was like I could see the future and then it came true.

Back to reality though....is online baseball still a suck fest because of lag between pitching and hitting timing?  I remember even with decent connections you almost had to agree to throw only strikes because just a few ms of ping made it awful to try and hit.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Ted on May 15, 2020 @ 12:40:56 AM
Quote from: BDSooner72 on May 14, 2020 @ 11:45:43 PM

LOL maybe?

We've had our differences in the past, but I will admit that one of the best online experiences I ever had was playing that 2v2 hockey game with you against those two randoms.   It was a tough game, still tied either going into the end of the third or maybe we were in OT, not sure, but that one dude was getting chippy with me and he was obviously their better player.  So I said to you this guy wants to go so I'm gonna fight this guy, Brent.  And when we are off the ice it's just gonna be you and the other guy until time runs out and you're better.   I knew you could beat him.  And then you scored.  It was fucking great.  Don't know if you remember that but I sure do.  It was like I could see the future and then it came true.

Back to reality though....is online baseball still a suck fest because of lag between pitching and hitting timing?  I remember even with decent connections you almost had to agree to throw only strikes because just a few ms of ping made it awful to try and hit.

I played some randoms online in SMB2 and it was okay, outside of the cheesing.  Wish I could remember that NHL moment, memory is not what it used to be. We had some fun playing our little leagues. Would be nice to try it again. We will always have differences, same with me an Jason but that's just how it is.

BDSooner72

6-0, time to bump the ego up to 45. Might go 50 for pitching as I have only give up 10 hits and 1 run. This is where I ended up last year on batting, pitching I was able to go 60. I have tried 50+ batting and my reflexes do not stand the test of time.

Jason

New update out this morning that fixed the bat sounds!!!

Jason

BDSooner72

Twitter link broken.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SuperMegaBaseball/comments/gxegp3/update_2_patch_notes/

All great fixes but even with the issues it is still an amazing game.  Looking ahead to the future, customizable stadiums has to be a priority for SMB4. You can create all these amazing teams but so many of the stadiums simply do not work for realistic custom leagues. Currently making a new NCAA 32 team franchise and half of the stadiums just don't fit well for most of the US. Would also like the have the option to have access to all the different day/duck/night/special weather option for each stadium. Love playing games in overcast conditions and it's why I stick with the Motor Yard for my user controlled teams.

Also give us an aluminum bat option. PING!

Jason

I'm assuming I'll need PS Plus if we decide to do the online Pennant Race Mode. It's currently on sale for $40, so I'll probably buy it while it's cheap.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Good on my end with Gamepass Ultimate.

Ted

I picked up the steam version last night. 

BDSooner72

And now we all three have the game.  :)

I need a life. 1979 NFL League is now in the works. Going to have player names, rating based on teams/player, etc.
Gallery of some early teams created

https://imgur.com/gallery/BEmZxNs

Jason

Ted, let us know what you think of it. Hopefully you like it more than the previous version you had.

I'll buy PS Plus before the sale ends. I wanted to try to get online with The Division 2 with Brad at some point too.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk