News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

I'm 5 hours into part 2 and it started much differently than I expected. The graphics are a huge improvement over the first one and the gameplay is better too. The part I'm at now is more in line with the first game.

Even though this game has been out for a while, I'm going in completely spoiler free. I do know that something happens in the game that a lot of people do not like, but I think I may have reached that part early in the game.

Jason

After 20 plus hours, I finished TLOU Part 2 last night. It was by far the longest single-player game I've ever completed. I was completely wrong about the controversial part happening in the first two hours. I don't want to say too much about it and spoil it for anyone, but I'm a little undecided on it myself. There were parts of the game that were absolutely brilliant, but there were a lot parts that felt unnecessary.

Overall, I'd say it was an amazing game and a must play, but I felt it could have been even better if it was a little more focused.

Ted

I ditched out on Wildlands when it made me install a separate Ubi loader and that loader had trouble connecting even though I have had an Ubi account for awhile.  I just cant be bothered to have to work hard to play someone's game.

Been playing mostly Workers and Resources Soviet Republic for the last week.  Making construction vehicles go brrrrrrr

Jason

I downloaded and tried the 10-hour trial of Madden 23 the other night. It looks and plays pretty good (especially the running game), but I just can't bring myself to play it much. The "new" passing mechanics are really just the old system with new visual displays and game game seems to play a little too fast for my liking.

It's funny how Madden used to be one of my most anticipated games every year and now it's not even on my radar anymore.

Brad Company

The last one I played had Mahomes on the cover. Dreary and uninspired, the players felt like cardboard cutouts.

Jason

Finally getting around to completing Uncharted: Lost Legacy on the PS5. I had started it when it came out years ago and never finished it. I ended up starting over since I remembered almost nothing from my first time playing it. I'll probably restart Spider-man on the PS5 next.

Brad Company

I should revisit Spiderman on PS5, but I need to find settings that reduce motion sickness for me.

Jason

Finished Lost Legacy last night. That was the only Uncharted game I had never completed.

Do you have Spider-Man Remastered? The smoother gameplay at 60fps may help reduce your motion sickness.

Ted

F1-22 is free to play on Steam this weekend.  It is VR capable so gonna see what VR racing looks like.

Jason

I downloaded the 10-hour trial of NHL 23 and to my surprise, I'm really enjoying it. I deleted the 10-hour trial of NHL 22 after 5 minutes last year, so I wasn't expecting much this time. I'm using default sliders and playing on Pro and having really good games.

I did notice that the default camera was changed to Classic this year and I'm really liking it. I've been using Dynamic Medium for the past few years, so maybe the different camera is making it feel like a fresh experience to me. Either way, I'll probably buy it when it drops to $20.

Jason

Been enjoying F1 2022 on the Xbox. I'm tempted to buy Madden 23 now that it dropped to $20 for X/S. I'm still waiting for MX vs ATV Legends and NHL 23 to drop to $20.

Ted

Playing Red Dead 2 and Red Dead online on series X.

Brad Company

If you haven't played RDR 1 or haven't in a while, the Enhanced Xbox version is by far the way to go.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on January 20, 2023 @ 04:32:09 PMIf you haven't played RDR 1 or haven't in a while, the Enhanced Xbox version is by far the way to go.
It does look great with the increased resolution, but it's a shame they never increased to the frame rate from 30fps to 60fps.

Ted

Quote from: Brad Company on January 20, 2023 @ 04:32:09 PMIf you haven't played RDR 1 or haven't in a while, the Enhanced Xbox version is by far the way to go.

Haven't played it for a long time.  It's a better experience than 2?  Because 2 is pretty awesome.