News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS5 Info

Started by Jason, January 07, 2020 @ 11:31:19 AM

Jason

I never buy third-party accessories, but I'm seriously considering taking a chance on these side plates for only $19: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B097XXCVKC/

Jason

The difference between Spider-man: Remastered and Spider-man: Mile Morales running at 30fps and 60fps is unbelievable. You can switch between graphics modes right in the games which really shows the difference between the two.

I also tried my PS4 version of The Show 20 and it looks great too. The improved frame rates makes it look and feel like a new game. If you hid the menus, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between this version and the next-gen 22 version running on my Series X.

Brad Company

The PS5 is the best PS4 ever made.

Jason

Nice update for the PS5 today. It allows you to create Game Lists, which are essentially folders, and offers native 1440p output.

Jason

I was very surprised to find that MotoGP 20 and Ride 3 got 60fps updates on the PS5 since they're older games. I've been playing Ride 4, which got a free PS5 upgrade, all weekend. I went from hating this game on PS4 to being hooked on it on PS5.

Brad Company

Jason

I was also happy to find out that the white controller included with my PS5 is a newer model with stronger trigger springs and improved analog sticks. If the FCC ID on the back of the controller ends in A, you have the new and improved model. These improvements were originally included with only the pink, light blue and purple controllers, so it's nice to see the updates have made it into the rest of them.

Brad Company

You should grab the Playstation DualSense Charging Station.

Jason

I bought that as soon as I completed my order for my PS5. It's also a nice stand for the controllers when they're done charging.

Jason

I ended up ordering inexpensive black face plates for my PS5. They'll be here tomorrow. They're supposed to work with the stand when the system lays horizontally, but I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Jason

New face plates came today and I'm very happy with them.

Jason

I bought my son a black PS5 controller and besides looking better in person than in pictures, it also comes with the new trigger springs. I guess all the existing stock of the older models controllers has been sold.

Jason

Sony has announced that its "pro" version of the DualSense wireless controller, the DualSense Edge will launch globally on January 26, 2023, with an MSRP of $200 USD.

Brad Company

Or you could buy three more standard controllers.

Jason

I've never purchased a premium controller. I think $119 would be the most I'd spend on one.