News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS5 Info

Started by Jason, January 07, 2020 @ 11:31:19 AM

Brad Company

I think the chipsets are similar enough, so another year or more of support is good stuff.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on April 29, 2022 @ 07:28:51 AMI think the chipsets are similar enough, so another year or more of support is good stuff.
They're identical, along with the H. They all use the same MediaTek SoC.

Plenty of people have installed the J firmware on their 900H sets with no issues.

I also read that upping the Gamma to +2 helps with the loss of LD while using VRR.

Brad Company

I'm probably only going to use VRR in specific instances. I'm not going to have it on all of the time.

Jason

I just ordered a PS5 controller from Amazon while they're on sale for $59. So now I own two PS5 exclusive games (Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves) and a PS5 controller, but no console.

I went with the purple controller since the newer colors come with the improved trigger springs.

Brad Company

New Sony firmware for X80 and 90 J and Ks, allows for Local Dimming with VRR.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on June 28, 2022 @ 03:54:24 PMNew Sony firmware for X80 and 90 J and Ks, allows for Local Dimming with VRR.
You're lucky. Installed the new H firmware available today, but there's no option for that.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Brad Company

XR processors only. 900H and X91J owners get the shaft.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on June 29, 2022 @ 02:58:55 PMXR processors only. 900H and X91J owners get the shaft.
As usual...

Jason

I finally got a PS5!!! I just ordered it directly from Sony. I ended up buying the Digital Edition Horizon Forbidden West Bundle for $449.99.

I was stressing out because shipping was $19.99 for non-PS Plus members, so I quickly purchased a month of PS Plus Essentials and had to remove the PS5 from my shopping cart and re-add it for the Sony Direct site to recognize that I was now a PS Plus member and offer the free shipping.

I've started moving all of my PS4 games to my 5TB external drive so I can plug it right into the PS5 and be ready to go. I'll save the SSD for the PS5 games I already own Like Ratchet & Clank and The Uncharted 4/Legacy Remaster.

Brad Company

Congrats, it's a nice-ass system.

Jason

It's arriving tomorrow. I finished copying all my PS4 games to my external drive and copied my game saves to a thumb drive. I tried to upload all my saves to PSN but I apparently had too many.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Jason

PS5 just arrived. My daughter had her wisdom teeth pulled today and is camping out in the living room, so I'm setting it up in my office for today.

I wasted my time copying my saved data to thumb drives yesterday. I was able to connect my PS5 to my PS4 and transfer everything in about 15 minutes.

I think it may be uglier in person ;D .

Brad Company

I've come to appreciate mine a bit more, vertical really helps. Digital version looks better than the disc drive one.

Jason

Unfortunately it's going to be horizontal when it makes the move to the living room tonight.

I was only able to stand it up in my office because that wall unit is getting thrown out next month and is nearly empty now.  I just have the TV, PS2 slim, Fios box and now PS5 in there.

Jason

I moved the PS5 to its permanent location last night. At least it doesn't show up as much now.