News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS5 Info

Started by Jason, January 07, 2020 @ 11:31:19 AM

Jason

PS5 Logo Revealed.
Sony decided not to change things up too much...or at all, other than a number change.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jason

Mark Cerny will provide a deep dive into PS5’s system architecture tomorrow (9am PT/12pm ET). Interesting timing as Microsoft has just released more specs on the Xbox Series X. Sony must feel confident with their specs.

Brad Company

The proprietary storage expansion for XbX will be expensive. Hopefully, Sony won't follow suit. Anyway, the new consoles will be delayed well into next year.

Jason

It's always exciting to hear about the specs even though I didn't plan on buying one anytime soon. Christmas 2021 would probably be the earliest for me anyway, so the delay won't really affect me.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Brad Company

I'm with you, until there is some compelling titles I'm not buying.

Jason

I was a little disappointed in today's "reveal". I was hoping to get a look at the console and wasn't thrilled about the backwards compatibility. I was hoping for 100% backwards comparability with the PS4 instead of the "top 100 games working so far".

Showing some gameplay wouldn't have been a bad idea either.

Jason

Sony released pictures and info on the PS5 controller (Dual Sense): https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/07/introducing-dualsense-the-new-wireless-game-controller-for-playstation-5/

Jason

I'm not impressed...

Brad Company

Jason

This mocked-up all black version from Reddit looks much better.

BDSooner72

Adaptive triggers will be a big plus. That was a major omission on the PS4 controller. Battery life will be interesting once revealed.

Jason

Good point. Battery life was a big complaint on the DS4. It'll be interesting to see if Sony listened and addressed the issue.

I'm personally glad to see they moved to USB-C connections this time around.

Jason

Sony's new blog post basically confirmed that I'll be getting a PS5 as my next gen console:

Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

Brad Company

Yep, and the Gold and Platinum headsets will work, as well.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on August 05, 2020 @ 02:32:34 PM
Yep, and the Gold and Platinum headsets will work, as well.
Yes. Glad to know my Gold headset will work with the PS5 too.