News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

GRID 2019

Started by Jason, July 12, 2019 @ 10:56:39 PM

Jason

New gameplay footage:

Jason

I really had no interest in this game until I started watching gameplay videos of it on YouTube. I'm definitely picking this up when it's released.

Jason

This game looks amazing.

Jason

This may be my first day-one purchase in a long time:

Jason

GRID has reminded me why I don't buy games when they're released. Other than paying less than full price, it's nice knowing most of the major issues have been patched when buying a game after it's been out for a while. GRID is the first PS4 game that constantly crashes on me whenever I play it, and I'm not talking about hours-long gaming sessions. I'm having multiple crashes in the 3 to 4 races I play at a time. I'm sure Codemasters will address the issues, but it's a shame the game was released in such an unstable condition. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun to play once it's stable.

Jason

A stability patch was released this morning. Hoping this fixes the issues I was having.

Brad Company

Just grabbed Ultimate for 13 bucks.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on December 19, 2020 @ 12:50:55 AM
Just grabbed Ultimate for 13 bucks.
That's a great deal. I played Grid non-stop during July and August. Make sure you check out the track in Cuba at night. The crashing waves and fireworks are amazing.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

GB_Simo

Great little game. One of the reasons I'm not hugely bothered about getting involved in the new generation, in fact: I just can't imagine needing a racing game to look any better than this one does.

The handling model reminds me of Driver: San Francisco, another big favourite of mine, not because they drive in the same way but because they have the same principles. If you're heavy on the controls, all tyre smoke and lurid slides, you'll have fun and you'll do perfectly well. If you dial it back a little bit, adding a bit of finesse to your inputs, you'll discover there's a defined edge of adhesion for you to dance on while you race predictable, punchy AI and you'll start going that much faster. It's not a game of limitless depth and it'll start to feel a bit samey if you play it to the exclusion of all else, but for 13 bucks, you really can't fall off.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com