News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Sony Gold Wireless Headphones?

Started by Jason, February 08, 2019 @ 08:15:38 AM

Jason

Anyone here own the new Sony Gold Wireless headphones for the PS4? My son took my old Sony Silver Wired headphones that were bundled with my original PS4 and I'm tired of playing my games in silence at night.

Amazon currently has the new Gold's on sale for $77 and I'm considering them.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Oh yes, they are good. I got them earlier this year, really like them. I use them now over my TB 500s, which I now use as wireless TV cans.
The new model fixes the problem the old ones had with the hinges. I have had zero issues with range or battery life.
I like the simple elegance of the dongle, no optical out needed. You would need to spend 2-3 times that to do better.

Jason

You're really putting a hurt on my wallet this week.

Glad to hear you like them because I ordered them a few hours ago ($82.19 with tax) since Amazon has a habit of removing sale prices unexpectedly. Looking forward to finally hearing what I'm playing.

Brad Company

Jason

The price dropped down to $74. Amazon agreed to refund me the difference. Looking forward to them arriving tomorrow.

Brad Company

Download the headset companion app from PS store, there are some EQ presets specifically crafted by game developers.

Jason

Yeah, I have it downloaded. I've used it with my Silver set for Uncharted and MLB. I'm wondering if there are more presets for the Gold.

Brad Company

Had to jump on the Platinums for $90. Should be here today. Interesting to see if they're that much better than the Golds.
If so, the Golds will be my PS3 set.

Jason

I saw that deal listed on Google News, but forgot who had it. That $90 caught my attention too when I saw it yesterday.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Amazon had new at 97, Warehouse at 90. I got the Warehouse, they were new/sealed. I used some Disco card funbucks, as well, actually paid 75.
They are already here, must have been at the hub by me already. I am a big fan of the new Golds, the Plats are a step-up in terms of sound, due I'm sure to the bigger drivers.
They fit my bucket sized melon fine, could go even bigger. Lots of padding, they aren't fatiguing, being a bit heavier than Gold. The dongle is bigger, as well.

I would agree with a lot of reviewers that said they are good, but maybe not twice as expensive good vs. Gold.
At the 100 or under pricepoint, they are *dons sunglasses*
Gold.
EeeeYaaahhhh

Jason

They're back up to $129 on Amazon. Be interested in hearing how much better they are than the Golds. They have a really cool looking design.

Brad Company

How much better is hard to quantify, but it's noticeable. I run the Flat EQ setting, so I don't know how much more bass you can get, but the sound is definitely clearer, with better sense of direction.
The Plats will also play louder than the Golds quite easily. These would be good PC cans, and passable for music as well.