News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Shadow of the Colossus

Started by Jason, January 31, 2018 @ 10:43:33 AM

Jason

Anyone here interested in this game? I remember when it originally came out on the PS2 and not understanding how a game could be built around just fighting 10 giant monsters, but it got great reviews, and apparently the remaster is even better. I played ICO back in the day and loved it, so I'm wondering if I should add this one to my already massive backlog.

Brad Company

I have the PS3 version, along with Ico. This is supposed to be a fantastic remaster. I will, of course, wait until the inevitable slide to $10.

Jason

Noticed that the remaster was done by BluePoint, who was also responsible for the Uncharted Collection.

I'm waiting for a price drop too, but I'm willing to pay more than $10. I'd probably buy it with a $10 discount since full retail price is only $40.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jason

Did you play the PS3 version? Would you recommend it?

Brad Company

Played it some, didn't finish. One of those games that is better atmosphere than actually playing it.
Worth experiencing, but very far from a GoW or Uncharted type of adventure, ymmv.
If you loved Ico, then you'll probably like SoC.

Jason

I have a feeling I may be more interested in the atmosphere than the actual gameplay too. I just signed up for the PlayStation newsletter and would probably buy it if I got one of those 20% discount codes some people are receiving.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk