News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Gran Turismo Sport

Started by Jason, March 09, 2017 @ 03:32:47 PM

Jason

Brad Company

I didn't sign up, and yet was chosen for the beta.
VIP status CONFIRMED 8)

Jason

You suck  :P

I signed up and wasn't picked.

Brad Company

Dat GT feel...like a comfy old shoe.

Jason

Not only did I not get picked for the beta, but I have to be reminded how you've "Played the GT Sport Beta for the first time" every time I go to my PS4 dashboard f::r .

Brad Company

Jason

My excitement for this game just died:

"Instead of offering a traditional car-collecting experience like previous games in the series, Gran Turismo Sport's single player campaign will contain four modes with 150 bite-sized drills to complete: Driving School, Mission Challenge, Circuit Experience, and Racing Etiquette."

Source: TeamVVV.com

Not even offering a quick race mode? At least Project Cars 2 will be out this fall too.

Brad Company

Yeah, the next proper GT game will be on PS5, no joke.
This thing coming out should be a $20 all-digital affair.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on August 08, 2017 @ 04:36:36 PM
Yeah, the next proper GT game will be on PS5, no joke.
This thing coming out should be a $20 all-digital affair.

I couldn't agree more. I hope the sales tank so PD learns a lesson from this.

GB_Simo

It's going to be interesting, I think, to see exactly how well received this ends up being.

Polyphony's aim is to gear GT Sport towards online racing to such an extent that if you're clean, courteous and fast enough around other people, you'll be able to qualify for a real, genuine, FIA-sanctioned, real-world racing licence through playing it. That's the kind of thing that appeals to someone like me, even if I don't have the cash to do anything with that licence other than frame it, but it feels a bit like an attempt to do iRacing on console. If it is, it'll likely struggle, since the vast majority of that sim's audience will be playing, um, iRacing.

The other reason it'll likely struggle is that based on the beta, GT Sport deals with collisions in the same way the series has always dealt with them, and it's going to be phenomenally difficult to craft a penalty system that's robust or fair enough to adequately combat the inevitable, deliberately crashy consequences of that. We will see, I suppose, but as one who has never thought of GT as anything other than a single player experience and who doesn't subscribe to PS Plus, I'm not sure there's going to be a lot here for me.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Brad Company

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on October 17, 2017 @ 03:45:15 PM
GT Sport basically doesn't function unless connected online. https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/10/gran-turismo-sport-offline-mode/

...and that is exactly why I'm not buying it. I've been having a blast with Assetto Corsa anyway.

Jason

I don't know what GT Sports' sales are, but I wonder if it had anything to do with this: GT Sport Offline Mode and More...

Jason

GT Sport is now on sale for $40 on PSN. I'm considering it with the offline patch coming out next month.

Brad Company

I gotta see more, but a good sign as far as content. Price drop was inevitable, nothing stays full price for very long anymore.