News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Uncharted 4 Discussion...Spoilers Included!!!

Started by Jason, May 31, 2016 @ 09:40:10 AM

Jason

What an amazing game. I was more interested in the story than the actual gameplay, even though the gameplay was amazing too.

I was surprised and happy to see that Nate lived at the end of the game. With all the talk about this absolutely being the final game with Nate, I was thinking he might not survive. I was also surprised that Sam survived too. I thought he'd give up his life to save Nate at the end, but they didn't do anything like that.

One of the most impressive parts of the game, besides the amazing graphics, was the non-story driven conversations between the characters during the actual gameplay. They were always aware of their surroundings and commented on things appropriately.

Like you Brent, I wasn't thrilled with the QTE final fight, but it was sort of a throwback to the end of the first Uncharted in regards to that. I wouldn't say I was disappointed by it though.

I did suspect that Nadine would turn on Rafe from the very beginning, although I thought she'd work with Nate, which obviously didn't happen. I'm not surprised she didn't put a bullet in the back of Rafe's head because it would have been too quick and easy of a death for him. She got her money and left him to die. I think she knew Nate would kill Rafe and escape with Sam, which is what she wanted because they "earned it".

I do need to play through it one more time. I was so concerned about seeing how the story ended that I rushed through the game. They could easily make a movie off of this game's storyline and dialogue alone.

BDSooner72

To be fair I was surprised Sam existed in the first place. Since he was never mentioned in the previous games, which seems like a bit of an oversight. The highlight for me was the Pirate story. The disappointment was they did not build on TLOU using crafting and trying to add it to the game. Same old treasure hunting really just feels like they were too busy to do anything else. It serves little purpose to the story and I do not recall that they even go into details as to what the treasures are. Tomb Raider has been much better in this department, though Fallout 4 does it best. Finding Magazines and Bobbleheads serve a purpose in the game, each one upgrades a stat or opens new items to use.

I loved the ending and hope they just end it here. No spin offs please. No second run through for me. I am ready to see what Naughty Dog does next.

Jason

I'm curious to see what kind of single-player DLC they release. Hopefully it involves Nate and not his daughter.

Jason

Looks like Sam (who is voiced by a different actor in this video) was supposed to be the main villain in Amy Hennig's version of the game:

! No longer available

BDSooner72

Chloe and Cutter are invited to a dinner party over at Nate and Elana's house. Food, wine and some intense Bandicoot action lead to a night no one will ever forget but wish they could.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on June 02, 2016 @ 03:08:16 AM
Chloe and Cutter are invited to a dinner party over at Nate and Elana's house. Food, wine and some intense Bandicoot action lead to a night no one will ever forget but wish they could. 

t::u