News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Ratchet & Clank

Started by Jason, April 19, 2016 @ 08:24:11 PM

Jason

I decided to buy the new PS4 version of Ratchet & Clank since I enjoyed the first game on the PS2 and replayed it again last year on the Vita, but the PS4 version takes it to a completely different level and I'm not just talking about the graphics. While it may be a remake of the original game it's a completely different game with new levels and gameplay. The graphics are amazing too. It almost feels like you're playing a Pixar movie.

I honestly think Insomniac is doing themselves a disservice by associating it with the original game. While some of the storylines, weapons and planets are the same, a majority of the game is nothing like the original. There's far more combat and the game really does a good job of putting you in the middle of some epic battles on both land and in the air.

They also offer a less-than-brutal difficulty level (with the exception of the final boss), which is nice for my younger son....and me. I don't have the time or patience to play the same levels 25 times before finally beating it. The checkpoints are much more generous too.

I honestly bought the game more for my son, but I've been having a lot of fun playing it with him. I may even go back and play through it again by myself.