News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Witcher 3?

Started by Jason, July 17, 2015 @ 08:15:27 AM

Jason

Any Witcher 3 players here? With the new patch (1.07) coming out this upcoming week it seems as though all of the major issues will be fixed in this game, so it's suddenly on my radar. A friend of mine has been telling me I'd love it, but I'm worried about it being to RPG-ish for me. I also need to clear out some of my backlog before jumping into a game this time consuming.

Ted

This one has been on my wishlist for awhile.  I'm still tempted to pull the trigger at full price, but so far have been able to hold off.

Jason

Amazon has it for $49.99 and the latest patch (v1.08) just came out for it last week.

Ted

I'll probably wait for a GOTY edition.  Seems like they are patching it pretty regular and there are many DLC's planned.

Jason

Best Buy is going to have The Witcher 3 on sale for $39.99 starting 9/6 through 9/12. If Amazon matches that prices, which I expect they will, I'll jump on that deal.

Jason

As expected, Amazon dropped their price to $39.99 so I ordered it.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on September 06, 2015 @ 10:33:18 AM
As expected, Amazon dropped their price to $39.99 so I ordered it.

The new patch should be available the day the game is delivered to me this Tuesday.

Jason

Ted, I know you're a fan of digital releases so I wanted to let you know that the Playstation Store has The Witcher 3 on sale for $41.99 right now.

Ted

Thanks, Jason.  On multi-platform releases like this I always opt to get it on PC.  It's the same price on Steam right now too.  I pirated  :-X it a couple months ago to try out and while I think it's good, it doesn't grab me enough to spend more than $10 on it so I'll be waiting for awhile longer I guess.

Jason

My biggest concern going into this game (besides finding the time for it) was the combat, but after a few hours in I'm enjoying it more than I thought. I was under the impression it was going to be much more complicated and more like turn-based battles, which fortunately it's not.

Jason

An HDR patch was just released today for the PS4 Pro and standard PS4.

Brad Company

And with that, it now moves up the list in a mountainous backlog.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on April 11, 2018 @ 04:19:01 PM
And with that, it now moves up the list in a mountainous backlog.

Lol. Same here.

Jason

The Witcher 3 is coming to PS5 and is a free upgrade for owners of the PS4 version (same deal for Xbox owners).