News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

I played and completed Killzone: Mercenary on the Vita. Killzone: Shadowfall was one of the first games my son had when he first got a PS4, so I played it a little back then. It can't any worse than the Halo campaigns.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on May 03, 2023 @ 05:51:50 PMIt can't any worse than the Halo campaigns.

About that...

Jason

Almost done with Halo 4. We're on mission 8 of 10 and should be done with it tonight. Gameplay-wise, this is the best one so far. It is nice to see that the gameplay has improved with each game. I will say that the most fun thing to do in this series is drive the Scorpion tank and blow shit up. The vehicle levels have become my favorite part of the series.

The story, unsurprisingly, sucks like the rest of the games, but to be fair, my son and I are usually talking/yelling and not paying much attention to the details. After killing me multiple times, I finally booted his ass from the session when the option popped up on the screen. He came running into the living room saying "are you serious?". I couldn't stop laughing, so we started started the mission over from our last checkpoint.

I can't believe that we're on our 6th Halo game and we're still playing games made for the Xbox 360. We're both anxious to see how much better the gameplay and graphics are on Halo 5, which finally moves us into the Xbox One generation.

Jason

We finished Halo 4 last night and were so excited to start Halo 5 only to find out that it doesn't support LAN play. There's a Halo 5 LAN server program you can download and run on a PC on your local network, but it doesn't support co-op play. I guess our Halo journey is over.

Brad Company

Jason

The Halo journey continues. I bought a month of Game Pass Ultimate so we can play Halo 5 co-op online and then play Halo: Infinite afterwards since it's included with Game Pass.

Jason

Halo 5... completed.

This one was hit or miss. Some levels were so much fun to play while others sucked.

I downloaded Halo Infinite and checked out the first level. I wasn't impressed at all. We're going to give it an hour and then decide if we we're going to finish it.

Jason

We're going to stick with Halo Infinite. The open world and grapple gun add just enough to make it feel different than the other games.

Jason

We finally finished all of the Halo games. I really enjoyed Halo Infinite and will probably buy it when it's cheap so we can complete some of the optional missions in the open world.

Jason

My younger son was looking for new games to play last month and has beat the following list of games based on my recommendations:

• The Last of Us Part 1 and 2
  • Resident Evil 2 and 3
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. He complete the 2013 Tomb Raider years ago.
  • Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2
  • Mafia

Because he enjoyed RDR 2 so much, he sort of pushed me into restarting the game again. I had played it for about 5 hours back when it came out and then stopped. I'm now 23 hours into the game and showing no signs of slowing down. This is already the longest single-player game I've played and I'm only about 35% done with the story. The controls are a little clunky and some missions drag on a little longer than necessarily, but I'm enjoying my time in the world.

Jason

I beat RDR 2 this morning after doing something I've never done before - I played for 14 straight hours yesterday. I was so hooked on the story that I just couldn't wait to see how it ended. I can describe the game in one word: masterpiece.

Brad Company

https://www.amazon.com/Brook-Wingman-XE-Converter-Controller/dp/B0BV2FW229

https://www.amazon.com/Brook-Wingman-PS2-Converter-Wireless/dp/B0B93M6619/ref=psdc_11846801_t1_B07543W7XS

These are two devices I recently added that allow me to use Ps4 and PS5 controllers wirelessly with PS2 and PS3. They work really well and take no time at all to get working. Such a gamechanger, especially for PS2.

Also, this thing works crazy good as well, it even supports progressive scan;

https://www.amazon.com/Kaico-Playstation-Converter-Component-Adaptor/dp/B06XBV1L8Q

Jason

I've been watching and reading reviews for PS2 HDMI adapters for the past month so I can replace my son's old TV with a component connection. The problem I keep running into is that none of these adapters support PS1 games played on the PS2. My son plays the first three Crash Bandicoot games all the time, so I need PS1 compatibility, which seems like it may be impossible with these converters.

Brad Company

Do you have a PS3, that will play any PS1 game.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on June 21, 2023 @ 06:17:14 PMDo you have a PS3, that will play any PS1 game.
I don't. It's the only PS console I've never owned.