News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Ted

Analog everything.  I use power hitting when I get a 3-0 or 3-1 count, but I also guess pitch and location and wait for my pitch so I rarely get to use that swing.  I hit plenty of homers using normal hitting and the AI seems to hit plenty off me.  Also veteran difficulty across the board.  I have gotten the pitching up to Legendary for a few games and even held my own, but I get a better variety of games keeping everything on veteran.  All Star hitting is just a bit too hard for me at my age/reflex level.

Jason

My copy of the "God of War HD Collection" for the Vita arrived today so I'm looking forward to playing the first 2 games. I've played the demos on the PS2, but I've never played the full games.

The Microsoft Store has a great deal on "Splinter Cell: Blacklist" for only $9.99, so I just ordered a copy. I've been interested in the game since I first saw the trailer for it and I couldn't pass it up at that price.

I finally started my MLB 14 season. I was holding out for the first title update before starting it, but I got tired of waiting. So far I haven't had any the freezing issues that people are talking about.

Jason

I finished the first God of War last night. Brilliant game with some frustratingly hard parts. I'm going to play a few more season games of MLB 14 before diving into GoW II.

Brad Company

Came into some $$,so I bought another PS3,500GB super slim. Spent the weekend filling up that thing with all of the games from Plus I've had.
Still prefer the 3 over the 4 for media stuff,too.

Jason

Almost done with GoW 2 and was able to pick up "The Amazing Spider-Man" for my son for only $15.

Brad Company

I need to re-acquire the GoW games. Think I'll get the Saga pack with all 5.
Got around to playing GT6. It's still GT, but is a big step up from GT5.
Re-acquired RDR, this time on PS3. Love the game, but it runs like ass on PS3.

Jason

It's funny that you mentioned RDR. I finally saw Django Unchained this week and it got me in the mood to play RDR again.

Ted

Anyone playing a franchise in The Show?  Or is it just exhibitions out there.

Brad Company

Just exhibition and online for me, atm.

Jason

I'm 22 games into my season. No franchise for me until they release a patch for the Vita that prevents lockups in Franchise mode.

Ted

A-Rod just retired with the Yankees at the end of 2017.  His line was:

AB 11109
H 3258
HR 683
RBI 2106
AVG .293

His last season with over 400 AB was 2015.  He hit 5 HR the last two years combined.

David Ortiz retired as a Brewer with:

AB 7859
H 2242
HR 470
RBI 1552
AVG .285

Jason

Just finished God of War II. I'm a little disappointed that it ended on a cliff-hanger since I don't have the option to play the third one on the Vita. While it was a great game, I also found myself very frustrated with the difficulty at times, so maybe it's a good thing the third one is not available on the Vita. Now I'm off to start the Sly Cooper trilogy on the Vita and Splinter Cell: Blacklist on the 360.

Jason

I let the hype get to me and just ordered FIFA World Cup 2014. I like that the world cup game is slightly more arcadey than the regular FIFA series.

Jason

Actually just canceled my order for it and decided to buy and download it directly from Xbox Live.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Jason

Actually finished the story mode in Injustice yesterday.