News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

MLB 13 The Show

Started by Ted, August 26, 2013 @ 10:02:28 PM

Ted

Had this picked up for me last weekend and have played a handful of games.  This is the first Show title that I've actually felt click for me.  I really like the pitching.  For once I can actually tell a ball from a strike while batting so now I don't have to swing at everything just because.  Presentation much improved from previous versions.  Contracts and overall franchise still suck.

Jason

Ted, what made you buy a PS3 after already having an XB360 and being a PC gamer? Was it The Show?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

Brad Company

I'm with Ted on this years' Show. Really like how they opened up the timing window for hitting, and having a beginner mode helps if you're new or haven't played in a while. They actually fixed online as well and there doesn't appear to be any exploits or glitches. Have had some good games online via ranked playlist.

There are also some really good home brew historic roster sets to grab,as well as the awesome full minors set.

Ted

Jason,

Actually have had the PS3 for quite awhile now.  Definitely over a year?  The real reason is Netflix.  Netflix on the 360 is slow and lags and loads alot.  On the PS3 (and the PC) it generally buffers once and we're good to go.  Being on a dinosaur 1.5mb connection this was the primary selling point.  I only knew about this because my stepson brought his over one day and once Dolly and I saw that Dolly said let's get one.  She was sick of the constant buffering on the 360.  I personally think xbox live is a piece of shit as far as lag goes.

The secondary reasons were the blu-ray player and the Gallop Racer G1 jockey game that is a PS3 exclusive.  I love my horse racing.  It's really not a gaming rig in this house. It's a streaming device/blu-ray player for us.

Brad, maybe you and I should have a game sometime.

Brad Company

I'm down...PSN ID is BradCompany.

Slumberland

Yay The Show love!

I also like the hitting a lot better this year. Opened up that timing window just enough.

I'm in the 2015 season with my Mets franchise... definitely a record for me with these things. The Vita helps.

I also really like Diamond Dynasty mode but just don't have the time to pursue it. I made some sharp uniforms though.

Brad Company

Yeah, this years' Show is a real classic...best hardball since MVP 05.