News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Far Cry 3

Started by BDSooner72, January 11, 2013 @ 06:25:11 PM

BDSooner72

Anyone else playing this? Mine just came in today and hopefully will get to play tonight.  Reviews were really good and I liked the premise of the game.  Will see if I can handle the FPS action without getting a headache.

Brad Company

It's faring much better than AC3, that's for sure.

BDSooner72

After 4 hours I am really into this.  After 4 hours with AC3 I wanted bury it outside. I do like that there are the electric towers which copies from the AC series and that they get more difficult as you go along.  They took a few things from other games and made them better.  Creating a beautiful large open world environment like Just Cause 2 and adding actual things you want to do as you explore it. Even went as far as taking the picking of flowers and gutting animals from RDR and making both actually USEFUL.

Kudos so far.

BDSooner72

Really digging this game. The only gripe is how overpowered the animals are. I had to use C4 to kill a bear in one of the missions and Tigers are also a PITA.

BDSooner72

Just finished this great game. Most F&(&^*&&^&& Up ending I have come across. I chose the path less traveled and it bit me squarely in the ass.  I really suck at FPS and it did give me some headaches but I played my way through the pain.  My only complaint are the two "Boss Fights" were lame in design, one more so than the other as it was one big QTE.   Also once you beat the game and they do warn you, a ton of stuff is closed off on the map and just the fact that you are still playing as the main character will throw away the desire to continue collecting crap.