News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

The two games I miss most...

Started by Ted, August 28, 2011 @ 11:18:59 PM

Ted

Rereading Moneyball right now and it really has me missing EA's NCAA baseball game.  I know they won't, but would just love it if they updated that with a new version.  My wife recently acquired a PS2 to play an old favorite game of her's called Intelligent Cube and I'm thinking of getting an old copy of NCAA again.

The other game I miss and have a lot of fond memories of is Gallop Racer 2003.

Jason

Ted

Yeah, I've heard that, but I think they are only thinking of the pro game.  I was specifically missing the college aspect with the players turning over every 2 to 4 years and the shorter schedules.

Jason

It's a shame that a good-playing sports game won't sell well without a pro license or player names. I play NCAA Football and Basketball with auto-named rosters and it doesn't bother me at all because they are both good-playing games. If half the people that complained about 2K Sports Baseball bought NCAA Baseball, EA would probably still be making it today. This thread reminded me that NCAA Baseball 06 was the first baseball game with analog fielding, while NCAA Baseball 07 introduced analog pitching. 2K didn't using analog controls until 2K8. That just shows you how far-ahead their game was for its time.

GB_Simo

If Intelligent Cube is the game I think it is, with the rows of cubes rolling towards you and certain blocks (black ones, I think) that shrank the playing area if you destroyed them, I used to enjoy that one too.  It was called Kurushi over here.  The sequel is available on PSN Store but there's no sign of the original.

Quote from: Ted on August 28, 2011 @ 11:18:59 PMThe other game I miss and have a lot of fond memories of is Gallop Racer 2003.

I know it's the wrong series, but I've only just found out there's a PS3 and 360 edition of the G1 Jockey franchise on release this week.  This discovery has generated a frankly embarrassing level of anticipation.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Ted

Quote from: GB_Simo on August 30, 2011 @ 06:59:03 PM
If Intelligent Cube is the game I think it is, with the rows of cubes rolling towards you and certain blocks (black ones, I think) that shrank the playing area if you destroyed them, I used to enjoy that one too.  It was called Kurushi over here.  The sequel is available on PSN Store but there's no sign of the original.

Quote from: Ted on August 28, 2011 @ 11:18:59 PMThe other game I miss and have a lot of fond memories of is Gallop Racer 2003.

I know it's the wrong series, but I've only just found out there's a PS3 and 360 edition of the G1 Jockey franchise on release this week.  This discovery has generated a frankly embarrassing level of anticipation.

Yes, Adam, Intelligent Cube is that game.  I didn't know there was a sequel.  I'll have to tell my wife.   And color me anticipating as well about G1.  I did not know they were coming to next gen.  I'll have a look for it.

GB_Simo

I know the sequel as Kurushi Final.  Apparently the USA release was under the name I.Q Final.

As for G1 Jockey (or, as we must now call it, Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer), have a look at the video on this online shop's listing for the game:

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2CH06-Champion%20Jockey.html

It's important to note that a) motion controls are optional, not mandatory, so using a pad as before is fine and b) the image the man on your screen thinks he's portraying might not necessarily match the one you're receiving.

Ted

I can't find a release date for the 360 in the U.S.  Only PS3 and Wii  :(

GB_Simo

Quote from: Ted on September 02, 2011 @ 11:21:19 PM

That's odd.  When I get it, as I assuredly will at some point, I'll try it in my NTSC console and see if it's region free.  If it is, we'll sort something out for you, mate.

Ted

Quote from: GB_Simo on September 04, 2011 @ 04:35:43 PM
Quote from: Ted on September 02, 2011 @ 11:21:19 PM

That's odd.  When I get it, as I assuredly will at some point, I'll try it in my NTSC console and see if it's region free.  If it is, we'll sort something out for you, mate.

Oh, Adam, you really are the BEST.   :))

I found a copy of MVP 07 for 3.50 at the Gamestop this weekend.  Gonna play a few games and see if it holds up as well as I remember.