News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

NHL 12 Media and Information

Started by BDSooner72, May 18, 2011 @ 10:01:39 PM

Jason

New tuner update released today:

1) Reduced effectiveness of hip checks to Versus and HUT, previously this was only applied to OTP/Clubs

2) Decreased distance traveled when diving for a poke check because it was too effective in certain situations (applies to all online and offline modes)

Jason

We have released a new tuner this morning. The tuning file is an update to v1.02 to help out with goalie grading.

----v1.02 Updated----
1) Slightly decreased medium hit interference penalties in all modes except for OTP/Clubs. Overall they are higher than when we shipped with, but lower than the v1.01 update as well as lower than what is currently in OTP/clubs. This will help with the CPU players being called for interference and putting you down a man.

2) Adjusted online and offline Be a Pro goalie stat grade ratings so they are more generous. Please note that the starting grade is a C+ so the grades go up/down from there

Offline:
Each save is now worth 3.3 points towards your raw grade value
Each goal against is now a 9 point reduction

Online:
Each save is now worth 5 points towards your raw grade value
Each goal against is now a 9 point reduction

Source: EA Forum

Ted

Almost hate to say it and it's probably considered sacrilege, but Jake and I have returned to NHL 11.  We just couldn't overcome some of our issues with the game, the most glaring being lack of fatigue and one dimensional offense by the AI.  Also we couldn't find a balance between an appropriate challenge on the ice and balance on the stats sheet.  After 20 games or so the fun was gone so we've abandoned it.

We took the latest community made roster we could find and are starting preparations to begin our 5th shared season, the second with 11.

Jason

Looks like the 2nd patch is out for PS3. The XB360 patch should hit tomorrow morning. No details on it yet.

Jason

We are pleased to announce that the Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys will be available through an online title update scheduled for November 1 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The title update will incorporate the following:

• Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys, pants and socks
• *. John’s IceCaps jerseys, pants and socks
• Several fixes for freezing issues
• Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit
• Improved the fidelity required to break the glass from a hit
• Several Goalie Improvements
• Several Physics improvements
• Several AI improvements
• Improved interference penalty logic
• Performance trackers fixes
• Fix for goalie injuries while simming with injuries turned off.
• Double OT fix for no goals being scored after sim.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your feedback in helping to improve NHL 12.

Source: EA Forum

Jason

New update coming in January: Link

Here is a list of issues/additions that will be addressed in the January patch -

Art
-   Fixes for Winnipeg Jets and *. John’s Jerseys
-   Added helmet numbers to front of helmet for all NHL teams

Gameplay
-   Exploit where a user is able to skate wide and use vision control to take a slap shot and score while the goalie is out of position
-   Exploit where when the goalie is covering the puck, a diving player could sometimes knock the puck loose
-   Situation where the game would sometimes, but very rarely crash during instant replay
-   Situation where a stick check would sometimes crash the game

Hockey Ultimate Team
-   Hockey Ultimate Team fix where a user is able to exceed the trade pile’s 30 card limit by adding cards from the Edit Lineup screen. Fixing this key issue, fixes multiple other issues within HUT that were triggered by this.

Game Modes
-   Fixed an issue with Game Modes tuner set files not loading correctly.

Jason

The patch is out. I guess now is a good time to pop this one in again.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on January 05, 2012 @ 11:42:42 AM
The patch is out. I guess now is a good time to pop this one in again.

That's what she said ;D

BDSooner72

Winning 2 games against Jason is fun. Sending one of his players into the bench beats winning 2 games over Jason.

Jason

Ladder and scores have been added: NHL 12 Ladder

You forgot to mention that I was winning in the third period of the second game and then had to play with my son in my arms after he woke up crying. BTW, he stayed up until 1am  >:( .

BDSooner72

He was crying because daddy was getting a thumping by the Penguins without Sidney Crosby.  ;D