News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

NHL 12 Media and Information

Started by BDSooner72, May 18, 2011 @ 10:01:39 PM

BDSooner72

Feature reveal video coming next week 5/23

BDSooner72

BDSooner72

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/24/nhl-12-whats-new-trailer

I like that I can now hit Jason so hard it shatters glass.

Please let the big announcement be College Teams.

Ted

Helmets come off and there is physical play with the goalie.  Nothing else mentioned was new for this year.

BDSooner72

Give it time.  EA usually holds back features and we do have E3 coming soon.  Plus he mentions a big announcement in the video.

BDSooner72

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/05/24/no-return-of-nhl-2k-this-year

Figured it did not need a separate thread.  Not really shocked by this one as sales on hockey games are pretty limited.

Jason

Amazon is now offering a $20 promotional credit with the purchase of NHL 12. I used my $20 credit from NCAA Football 12 to purchase Madden 12 for $39.99, which also came with a $20 credit, which I'll use to purchase NHL 12 for $39.99 and still have another $20 credit to put towards something else. Big thumbs up to Amazon.

Jason

Looking forward to trying out the demo next Tuesday.

Ted

Jake and I finished our shared season this year with the Caps.  We exited the first round of the playoffs, losing to the eventual Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins in 6 games.  It was a helluva ride, the first shared season we competed completely on Superstar mode with adjusted fatigue sliders, max penalty sliders, and max injury slider.  We scratched and clawed our way into the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed, 8th I think.  The only mistake in the sliders was the injury max as we had far too many injuries to deal with, but they did keep things very interesting all the way through.  Too many major injuries though and not enough minor ones.

We've decided our contracts would be traded to the Edmonton Oilers for next season so we are really anticipating NHL 12 release day and the beginning of our fifth shared season.

Jason

Does a shared season mean that you both plays all the game together? If so, you must work pretty well as a team after all the games you've played together. Do you play with Jake online or on the same console?

Ted

The same console, that is the only way to play together in GM mode.  I think we gel pretty good as a team at this point, but it is funny we get into arguments about tactics or one or the other of us not pulling his weight.  Lots of yelling.  Lots of laughing.  We win as a team and we lose as a team.  I wouldn't play NHL at all if we didn't play together to be honest.

After we lost to Pitt in game six of round 1 we just kind of sat there quiet.  We were definitely bummed and there was nothing to say.  Our season was over and we were going home.  We knew we had a tough go of it and didn't expect to just ease through the playoffs, but exiting in round 1 hurt even though we were the underdog.  To me any good game is about giving you an emotional ride, high and low.  And the shared season really does that well for us.

Jason

Just downloaded the demo this morning and played it quickly before leaving for work. The game seems to have a much more organic feel to it than years past and the player and puck movements seem more realistic. Unfortunately, you can only play the 3rd period (5 minutes) of the Boston/Vancouver cup game with Boston up 2-1 at the start of the period.