News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Dirt 5 Free to Play Until April 5 on PS4

Started by Jason, April 02, 2021 @ 08:26:05 AM

Jason

I downloaded it last night to check out. If it's good, I may grab it while it's on sale this month for $24.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

Not sure what's going on, but I'm still able to play my copy of Dirt 5.

BDSooner72

If you had gamepass you could play it for a really long time.  ;)

Jason

Apparently I can play it for a long time too. Still working as of tonight. I was ready to buy it today based on just the awesome tracks and locations. Luckily it's on sale all month, so I'm in no rush for my free "trial" to end.

Jason

I started the career mode today to see if the "trial" would let me and I was able to. I haven't been able to find anything online about the trial being extended or anyone talking about it still working for them.

Jason

Trial still working. Starting to think it may have been free...

Jason

Thanks for the link. I'll have to keep an eye on that thread. I'm over 100 races into my career myself.

Jason

I'm still debating whether or not I should by Dirt 5 even though the trial is still working for me. I don't think I'll get the free PS5 upgrade for free like I would if i purchased the PS4 version. I'm also trying to find out if all the current DLC is included in the Year One edition. If it is, I may buy that version. It'll guarantee a free PS5 upgrade and give me all the current DLC.

GB_Simo

The Microsoft store reckons the Year One edition looks like this, mate:

"Year 1 Edition players have instant access to three ready-to-race cars in their garage (Ariel Nomad Tactical, Audi TT Safari, Volkswagen Beetle Rallycross), three-player sponsors with fresh objectives, rewards and liveries, and boosts to currency and XP earnings.

After launch, we are committed to developing a massive selection of new show-stopping moments, and new ways to truly Let Loose. Year 1 Edition players get access to all DIRT 5 content in the 12 months after launch, including a minimum of 12 new cars, 60 new Career events, new player sponsors, rewards, liveries, and more!

Grabbing DIRT 5: Year 1 Edition ensures you have the keys to everything the boldest, bravest off-road racing game has to offer at launch, and are first in line for everything we create in Year 1!"

That sounds like it should sort you out with all existing DLC and whatever else comes between now and Q4 of this year.

I'm pleased you're enjoying it. I gave it a couple of hours via Game Pass and found the handling too floaty and insubstantial for my tastes - something more akin to Colin McRae Dirt 2 would have been right up my street - but I can totally see where there's fun to be had with it.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Jason

Thanks for the info. I never would have thought to check the Microsoft Store. You'd think Sony would have the same information on their site since they're both selling the same game.

Brad Company

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on April 17, 2021 @ 03:00:41 AM
Is this different than Dirt 2.0?

It's a lot like Dirt 2, which is why it like it so much. I never realized that the content of each Dirt game changed so much. Dirt 4 has rally races and small rally cross tracks, but I enjoy the larger, fictional tracks in Dirt 2 and 5.

Brad Company

I guess I meant Dirt Rally 2.0, which was a Plus game awhile back.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on April 17, 2021 @ 09:49:00 AM
I guess I meant Dirt Rally 2.0, which was a Plus game awhile back.
Dirt 5 is a lot more of an arcade style game with much more forgiving handling. There's no timed rally races and all the tracks are fictional.