News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Recent posts

The Locker Room / Re: For those who never stoppe...
Last post by Jason - November 22, 2022, 05:40:34 PM
Let's see if it actually comes out now.
The Locker Room / Re: For those who never stoppe...
Last post by Brad Company - November 22, 2022, 04:29:46 PM
Ouch again. July 2024.
The Locker Room / Re: PS5 Info
Last post by Jason - November 15, 2022, 09:15:38 PM
I just purchased PS5 Digital Edition (God of War) console for my younger son for Christmas. Maybe I'll finally be able to play mine now.
The Locker Room / Re: Dirt 5 Free to Play Until ...
Last post by Jason - November 08, 2022, 05:31:50 PM
I can understand EA cancelling the Dirt Rally series with the WRC license, but it's a shame to see the more arcady Dirt series get cancelled too, especially after how much I enjoyed Dirt 5.

Agreed about Dirt 2. It was one of the best racing games back in the Xbox 360 days.
The Locker Room / Re: Project Cars 3 Coming this...
Last post by Jason - November 08, 2022, 05:27:37 PM
I figured as much once EA bought Codemasters. It's sad to see another popular car franchise bite the dust. It would have been interesting to see how PC 4 tuned out after the negative reception towards PC 3.
Last post by GB_Simo - November 08, 2022, 05:20:11 PM
Quote from: Brad Company on November 08, 2022, 02:13:47 PMPCars 4 coming out never.

I had completely forgotten there was ever a Project Cars 4 promised to us.

Ian Bell has recently been teasing a follow-up to the seminal GTR games, which made waves in the PC sim scene more years ago than I want to acknowledge. I wonder how many Slightly Mad staff will end up on that project and how many will end up on GRID, NFS or whatever.

The press release could possibly be teasing a move to the GRID franchise but looking at it, the acquisition and repurposing of so many competitors seems more likely to be about EA getting rid of Need For Speed's competitors than anything else. An expensive way to eliminate your competition but no less effective for that.

That, and if GRID was any kind of focus, they wouldn't have released GRID Legends the same week as Gran Turismo 7...

As far as PCARS goes, the Madness Engine clearly has all kinds of potential in it. Reiza Studios are making it do tremendous things within Automobilista 2 but they've had to fix a number of huge flaws on the way. Whether SMS tried to cram too much into their first 2 games, with the quality control suffering as a result, or whether they weren't capable of recognising those flaws, I don't know. Both games promised more than they delivered, ultimately, and PCARS 3 may as well have been from a completely different franchise altogether. Potential unfulfilled, at least by the folk who first displayed it.
Last post by GB_Simo - November 08, 2022, 05:06:21 PM
There being no more Dirt Rally makes sense to me. Codemasters have the official WRC licence coming their way and that feels like a natural home for a rebranded continuation of the Dirt Rally franchise.

Canning the "main" Dirt line of games surprises me a bit more but with that said, it wasn't obvious to me as I played Dirt 5, or Dirt 4, that this was a series awash with new ideas. Come to that, I could argue broadly the same point for Dirt 3. The more I write, the more it starts making sense...

Dirt 2, though. One of my favourite games of all time.
Last post by Brad Company - November 08, 2022, 02:13:47 PM
PCars 4 coming out never.
Last post by Brad Company - November 08, 2022, 02:12:45 PM
RIP DIRT
The Locker Room / Re: Personal Gaming Thread
Last post by Jason - October 24, 2022, 02:51:13 PM
I downloaded the 10-hour trial of NHL 23 and to my surprise, I'm really enjoying it. I deleted the 10-hour trial of NHL 22 after 5 minutes last year, so I wasn't expecting much this time. I'm using default sliders and playing on Pro and having really good games.

I did notice that the default camera was changed to Classic this year and I'm really liking it. I've been using Dynamic Medium for the past few years, so maybe the different camera is making it feel like a fresh experience to me. Either way, I'll probably buy it when it drops to $20.