News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS5 Info

Started by Jason, January 07, 2020 @ 11:31:19 AM

Brad Company

I know, it's crazy how trashed things are and it's why I take reviews of gaming accessories with a huge grain of salt. It seems every headset and controller except mine completely break apart in 6 months.

Jason

I finally got around to downloading and playing the 2-hour MLB The Show 23 Trial on the PS5 and I'm impressed with it. This was the first time in a long time that I could see an upgrade in the graphics from the previous year. I haven't seen any frame rate issues either, but I've played the previous two versions ('22 and '21) on Xbox. Apparently, the game runs better on the Playstation hardware.

The one upgrade that may convince me to buy it once it's $20 on PS5 (currently $20 on Xbox) is the improved player movement and fielding. I went into '22 and did fielding practice for 20 minutes and then switched over to '23 and did the same, and the improvement was very noticeable.

I'm tempted to buy it on Xbox, since it's currently on sale, but I already have all my settings saved for the PS5 version and I'm sure it will drop to $20 on there soon too.

Brad Company

It's free on Gamepass. If you can stand being a year behind, every EA Spurts game is free, too.

Jason

I think I'm done with gaming subscriptions once my PS Plus expires next month. I've bought MLB The Show the past two years on Xbox, so I'll wait for it to drop to $20 on PS5 and buy it there this year. I just find it strange that it's currently on sale for both consoles, yet the Xbox version is $20 while the PS5 version is $40.

Jason

Sony is releasing 3 new controller and console covers. I really like the blue one.

Brad Company

I wonder when Dualsense Edge will get new colors.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on September 17, 2023 @ 11:43:09 AMI wonder when Dualsense Edge will get new colors.
I was under the impressions that the Dualsense Edge had swappable face plates, but it looks like only the bottom, black face plate is swappable.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on August 07, 2023 @ 08:00:20 PMSo, RDR1 is being ported, not remastered, for PS4/5. Undead Nightmare makes the cut, multiplayer doesn't.
Sony intends on charging full price for this, good god they have no shame.
A new update today adds 60fps support when playing on the PS5. I'd actually buy this now once it drops in price.

Brad Company

I should have said Rockstar has no shame, but yeah 6ofps is a nice add. Odd that it was never mentioned pre-release. still way overpriced for sure.

Jason

Definitely overpriced at $50, but it makes a strong case at $10 - $20 now.

Jason

I'm so glad I didn't wait for the PS5 slim. I didn't think it was possible to make the console any uglier, but Sony did it and they're charging $50 more for the digital edition. The best part is that you have to pay an additional $30 for the vertical stand, which is not included in the console, and the included horizontal stand looks like a cheap plastic clip.

I also found it interesting that they didn't show the size of the new console in comparison to the current console. My guess is that the actual footprint is not much smaller than the original.

Update: IGN has posted an image of the two consoles next to each other based on the released on specs of the slim.

Brad Company

Literally no reason to get one if you have one already.

Jason

Nice feature added to the PS5, which was surprisingly not done with a system update. You can now check for updates on games in your library. Before you could only do it with the games on your home screen.

Jason

My younger son got Spider-Man 2 for his birthday, so I watched him play for a few hours yesterday and the game is a visual marvel. It's hard to see in YouTube videos how much better looking this game is than the original, including the remaster.

Another thing I thought would be tough to improve on was the traversal, but Insomniac did again. I had my doubts about the new gliding feature, but after trying it out it would be hard going back to the first game.

We're only 8 hours in, but I really like the story so far and can't wait to see how things play out.

Brad Company

It's also supposed to have the best VRR and Atmos implementations to date.