News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PlayStation Showcase 2021

Started by Jason, September 09, 2021 @ 09:51:54 AM

Jason

Looking forward to today's PlayStation Showcase. Hoping for some info on Gran Turismo, God of War and a possible Uncharted game.

Jason

I got my wish. The show started off good with a Knights of the Old Republic Remastered reveal. They then showed a bunch of games I couldn't give two shits about. The show didn't get good again until Sony started showing their first-party games. We're not getting an Uncharted sequel, but they're remastering Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy. While I'm somewhat excited about it, I wonder how much better they can make them look. I think they could have just updated the PS4 games to run at 60fps and called it a day.

Gran Turismo 7 has a release date of March 2022, assuming it doesn't get delayed. They didn't show much gameplay, but I'm not too worried about how it's going to look and play. The two big surprises were Wolverine and Spider-Man 2, which are both being developed by Insomniac. The bad news is that they're not coming out until 2023, and my guess would be late 2023.

The last game they showed was God of War: Ragnarok and it looked great. I'm not sure if they gave a release window, so it could still be a ways off.

Brad Company

All but GT7 will be PS5 exclusive. I hope GT and BF 2042 aren't  seriously gimped versions for PS4, otherwise that's about it for that gen as far as new games I'm interested in.

Brad Company

I was a bit hasty, I think Spidey and Ragnarok are cross-gen.

Jason

I read that GT 7 and Ragnarok are cross-gen.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Kaz says PS4 and 5 versions of GT7 will be feature identical, and loading times are the only real difference. PS4 and 5 will be able to race each other.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on September 16, 2021 @ 09:34:10 AM
Kaz says PS4 and 5 versions of GT7 will be feature identical, and loading times are the only real difference. PS4 and 5 will be able to race each other.

That's great for PS4 users. I don't mind playing GT 7 on the PS4 since it'll be 60fps on there too.