News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PlayStation Summer Sale Starts Tomorrow...

Started by Jason, July 20, 2021 @ 10:37:36 PM

Jason

Jason

I'm probably going to pick up Dirt 5 Year One Edition. My trial from April is still working, but I get extra content and more importantly the free PS5 upgrade if I buy it now.

Brad Company

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on July 24, 2021 @ 01:49:12 PM
You'll have Dirt 6 before a PS5.

You're probably right. I wonder if they'll have more availability for the holidays.

Brad Company

Jason

I'm fine with that as long as I can find an Xbox Series X before that.

Brad Company

By the way, I got a PS Now sub when it was on sale with Plus a while back. It works really well, sort of turns your PS4 into a PS3 if you like, and you can download most all of the PS4 games and play them from your system. The bump to 1080p is pretty nice. For about 4 bucks a month I think it's a decent pickup.

Ted

Jason

Do you have to stream all the PS3 games? I thought they moved away from that and let you download and run everything locally now.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Yeah, the PS3 games are stream only. They run via emulation. No capability for your PS4 to do so.

Brad Company

Quote from: Ted on August 20, 2021 @ 09:56:39 PM
what the hell.....ps now streams to pc?

Yeah, and you connect your DS4 via Bluetooth.

Jason

I just took a look at the PS Now page and didn't realize they had so many games available. Sony should offer some type of "Ultimate" package that includes PS+ and PS Now for a discounted price. I'm tempted to try it out for a month. I know my younger son would find a ton of stuff on there to play. How is the streaming with your gigabit internet service? Any lag?

Brad Company

It's very smooth and stable for me. And yeah, a Now/Plus bundle with some extra goodies would be ideal.

Jason

I'm going to buy a month next weekend to give it a test run. I made the mistake of mentioning it to my younger son who now desperately needs it even though he never heard of PS Now before this morning.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk