News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Xbox Series S Info Leaked

Started by Jason, September 08, 2020 @ 09:01:25 AM

Jason

https://twitter.com/_h0x0d_/status/1303252607759130624

This definitely caught my attention.

Brad Company

A $299 Game Pass box is almost impulse buy territory. It will sell out fast.

Jason

I've never owned two consoles during a single generation, but this could be tempting. I'd be able to play Forza, Gears of War and Flight Sim 2020.

Jason

I had no idea what Game Pass cost, but $10 a month, or $15 a month with Live Gold, seems like a really good deal. The Xbox Series S with Game Pass seems like a really good and inexpensive combination to me.

Ted

I'm leaning X for the exact reason Brad stated.

Jason

I also like the fact that the Series S is targeting a resolution of 1440. There's a better chance of games running at 60fps with the lower resolution. I think most games on the Series X will need to run at 1440 anyway to run at 60fps too.

I could seriously see myself buying the Series S when it's released and then buying a PS5 a year or so later. Probably after its first price drop.

Jason

Looks like I'll be able to get an Xbox Series S with Game Pass Ultimate (which includes Xbox Live Gold and now EA Game Pass) for $24.99 a month for 24 months with no upfront costs: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-launching-november-10/

Brad Company

Jason

This video may have sold me on The Xbox Series S. There's a lot of good info in it.

BDSooner72

I will wait and see which I get. Don't plan on doing anything till next year. Leaning toward the S because I play on 1080p TV's and have no interest in 4k right now. With EA Play coming to Gamepass and now all those Bethesda games... Hard to ignore just buying it for a Gamepass machine.

Jason

If I were to buy a console in the next year, it would be the Xbox Series S. I'd have enough to keep me busy with Xbox One titles only including the Forza series and Gear of War. I'm not even considering a PS5 for at least one and a half years.

Jason

It's been confirmed that you can run Xbox One games off a standard USB 3.0 hard drive on the Series X/S, but the best part is that you can store next-gen games on the USB drive and move them to the SSD drive to play them. This is much faster than having re-download a game you may have deleted to free up space, and it's even better for people with slow or capped internet connections.

BDSooner72

You seem very excited for the Xbox.

http://www.xboxgamingnationthesequel.com/

Jason

I'm definitely more excited for the new Xbox than the PS5. Right now I'm thinking of getting an Xbox Series X for myself and a PS5 for my younger son who desperately wants the new Ratchet & Clank game.

This would be for next year though. I'll let them figure out the hardware issues with the early batches first.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk