News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Madden 21

Started by BDSooner72, June 16, 2020 @ 11:26:07 AM

BDSooner72

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/news/gridiron-notes-madden-nfl-21-gameplay-deep-dive-06-25

Our next Gridiron Notes will be Tuesday, June 30th and focuses on Face of the Franchise and Classic Franchise.

That will be the one to watch.

BDSooner72

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/news/gridiron-notes-madden-nfl-21-franchise-updates-06-30

What is new in classic franchise mode?
    The new X-Factors make their way into Franchise. More details on X-Factors in Madden NFL 21 coming soon!
    Franchise has an expanded Wild Card Playoff round to match the real-life NFL which now features 3 games for each conference instead of 2.
    Updated all rookie contract amounts to be more authentic to the actual Draft rookie contracts for all 7 rounds
    Retuned every position's available Abilities to better consider in-game effectiveness of the ability and archetype authenticity. Also made the 2nd ability unlock for most positions 85 OVR (was 80 OVR in Madden NFL 20.)
    Fixed multiple cases in logic of players considered for a Dev Trait upgrade at the end of the season not checking the correct stat types.
    Updates to all team back-end depth chart philosophies so they match the team's scheme.
    Added position-specific Offensive Lineman archetype progression buckets for OT, OG, and C to capture variance in OVR formulas based on positional expectations. Previously, all OL were pulling from the same progression bucket.
    Fixed issue where defensive playbooks and schemes for our fictional coaches would be misaligned (e.g. 3-4 playbook with a 4-3 scheme.)

They patched it!

Jason

I miss the days of being excited for a new Madden release.

BDSooner72

It's been a long time since I got excited for that. I guess we have to wait and see what wonders next gen brings. This will be the first year I do not purchase a Madden game. I say it every year but this is the one. I can download Madden 20 if I get desperate.

Jason

I've been fine with with waiting for a $20 price the past few years with all my sports games. No sense buying a buggy game at full price when you can get it for 1/3 the price with most of the bugs fixed. I just made that mistake with the new Assetto Corsa even though it was only $40.

BDSooner72

Had a great laugh at this image from a tweet.

BDSooner72

After #fixMaddenFranchise trended to #1 EA actually had to respond to the community.  He did say, "The Franchise community is critically important to us."  Which did make for a good eye roll. Will see it when they deliver it. Till then. empty words to angry mob.

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/1278795979924344834

Jason

Lip service.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

Madden 21 will be free to play this weekend (9/10 - 9/13).

Jason

Downloaded the free trial this morning. I am curious to see how it compares to 20, which I enjoy.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

I can't even get through a quarter without getting bored with this year's game. I was able to notice a big difference in the look and feel between Madden 19 and 20, but I see almost no difference between 20 and 21. The game also has the same bug as last year's game where the on-field trainer would automatically turn itself on for Play Now games even though it's set to off. There also doesn't seem to be a way to disable the new lineman prompts on the screen when playing. Hard pass for me this year.

Brad Company

Charging full price for that is sheisty AF.

Jason

The game also had bad stuttering that was actually fixed in an update that came out this afternoon. I did end up playing a full game after the update and the stuttering was gone, but I also confirmed that there's no way to get rid of the "Rush Moves" icon on the screen and I doubt that's something they would patch in. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about this. The display takes up so much of the screen and blocks a lot of the action on the line where you're actually playing.

BDSooner72

For the first time I have avoided buying or even trying for free a Madden game. Still interested in seeing what the next gen versions looks like but I am not holding out hope from some miraculous turnaround.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on September 23, 2020 @ 02:35:27 PM
For the first time I have avoided buying or even trying for free a Madden game. Still interested in seeing what the next gen versions looks like but I am not holding out hope from some miraculous turnaround.

Congrats and welcome to the club. I'm sure the next-gen version will look better, but I doubt it will play any better.