News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

NBA Playgrounds 2

Started by Jason, January 24, 2020 @ 09:34:46 AM

Jason

Anyone have this game? My son and I have been playing a bunch of Arch Rivals in the Midway Classic Arcade Games Collection and I was looking for something similar but more current. I enjoyed NBA Jam back in the 90's and this seems like a spiritual successor to that game.

Jason

The consensus seems to be that there's a great game locked behind a paywall, which is a shame.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Once I saw saw 2K Games had become the publisher for the sequel. it flew off my radar as it would become micro-transaction hell. Never played the first. I am more of a NBA Street guy.

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition was a last gen game but was pretty good. You would have to buy a disc because it is only backwards compatible on the Xbox One and even that was odd since so few sports games are backwards compatible.

Jason

It's really a shame because it looks great and it apparently plays great once you have good players who are leveled up. I couldn't believe you weren't given two players from every team from the start.

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition can be bought digitally for $10 on the Xbox 360, so I think I'm going to do that. That's for the advice.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on January 25, 2020 @ 10:17:55 AM
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition can be bought digitally for $10 on the Xbox 360, so I think I'm going to do that. That's for the advice.

Just downloaded the free demo. It's a lot of fun, but the Xbox 360 controller sucks compared to the DS4.

Brad Company

I've got it digital on PS3. Well done game, but you lose interest pretty fast.

Jason

I'm just looking for something simple and fun to play with my younger son. We're trying to expand beyond cart racing and fighting games.

Brad Company

Plants vs. Zombies, you guys will have a blast.

Jason

That was one of, if not the first game I installed when I first got an Android tablet back in 2010.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Brad Company

It's great on console, surprisingly well done.