News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Black Friday Deals

Started by Jason, November 07, 2018 @ 10:37:27 PM

Jason

I'm starting to think there may not be any PS4 Pro deals this holiday season. The PS4 Slim is getting a $100 price drop, but the strong sales of the PS4 Pro may prevent it from getting one too.

Brad Company

Perhaps a bundle deal, but a hundred dollar cut, probably not. I think that slim deal may be the new price going forward soon.

Jason

PS4 Pro deal seems less likely now that Sony has officially released its holiday price cuts: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/11/12/playstations-black-friday-week-2018-deals-revealed/

Brad Company

I could see a retailer doing one, but with bundled games.

Jason

We'll see. Most the big retailer's Black Friday ads have leaked. I'd be surprised if they held off on any good PS4 Pro deals until after then.
I'd probably hold off on buying a Pro for good if there are no good deals this holiday season. Once 2019 hits, Sony is going to announce the backwards-compatible PS5, which will play all of my PS4 games with enhanced graphics. At that point, there's really no point in me buying a Pro so late in the game. I really think they're missing out by not having an official price drop this holiday season, unless they're just interested in selling them.

I'm probably going to get the PS4 Slim for my older son. His launch PS4 is in bad shape and he is interested in Spider-Man, so it's a win-win.

Jason

Lot's of early deals on PSN today. I just grabbed NASCAR Heat 3 for $20.
I'm also 100% digital now. NASCAR Heat 2 was my last disc-based game, which I just deleted.

Brad Company

Best guesses look like this, now;

February 2020: PS5 announced/Specs, Box reveal

E3 2020: Price point, Game demos, launch lineup reveal

Holiday 2020: Release.

Brad Company

Jason

You couldn't pay me to shop at GameStop. Besides, I already purchased two PS4 Slim Spiderman bundles at Target. One for my older son, whose launch PS4 is dying and one for my office.

I'll have to wait for the PS5's backwards compatibility to play my PS4 games in 4K. $249 was my price point for the Pro or possibly $299 if a game or gift card were included.

I also bought a Switch/Mario Cart bundle for my younger son this morning. It was $299, but included a game I would have bought anyway, so I saved $60 there.

I also saved 5% on all the above purchases by using my Target Red Card.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Ted

Glad to hear about the PS5 backward compatibility.  That will probably be a day one purchase when the day comes. My launch PS4 is still going strong, but I know I don't put the miles on it that you guys have on yours.

I think I'm going to pick up  The Show 18 in the sale because I'm mid september in my 2023 Brewers franchise and have played 2 seasons of it with 17.  I like to import my franchises into the new versions and not sure if I will be able to import to 19 straight from 17 so I figure I better spend the $20 to get the interim version even if I don't play more than 1 season with it (or maybe 0).

Even though it's not on sale I'm kind of tempted by RDR2 as well.

Jason

Picked up a WD 4TB external drive for my PS4 slim for $89 yesterday on Amazon.

Although I'm not a huge fan, I'd recommend The Show 18 over 17 for $20. The gameplay and presentation are definitely a step up over 17.

I'd wait for a sale on RDR2 or at least wait until some of the issues in the game are fixed, like HDR. Was hoping that would be fixed in the first big patch, but that doesn't seem to be the case with 1.03, which just came out today.

Brad Company

Yeah, the patch just prepares for RDRO. I'm definitely getting a 4TB myself, my 2TB is plenty for what I may be playing now, but darnit, I want to install EVERYTHING.